“Amazing Hotel in Positano!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Poseidon

Hotel Poseidon
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Positano
San Francisco, California
“Amazing Hotel in Positano!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Poseidon! The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The location is perfect- steps away from town and about a 10 minute walk from the beach. The views are beyond amazing. I would definitely return!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kate L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We arrived at Poseidon after an early flight and were invited to breakfast on the terrace until our room was ready - what an introduction! The views are incredible, the terrace is shaded and gorgeous, overlooking the main town and adjacent to the pool, and the breakfast buffet is worth setting your alarm for if you tend to sleep late.

The hotel staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel is perfect for access to the main town and beach.

I was very sad to leave and I am sure we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have amazing views across the town and out to the sea.
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

WOW. I've visited a lot of places in the world, but Positano takes the cake - what a beautiful town. Hotel Poseidon is a fantastic place to experience it. Our room had a private balcony with a view to die for. The staff were friendly and accommodating for all our needs - from restaurant bookings to getting some pants tailored. The pool is great, and a nice alternative to rest and relax other than the beach. Honestly, I spent ages reading reviews on trip advisor to find this place - and I nailed it!! Book it now!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aljustus
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We found this Bar one evening, it was stunning. The service was fantastic. We had a table with the most beautiful views in Italy. The pool twinkled under the moonlight and Positano looked stunning. Best prosecco in town! Snacks served with drinks were amazing.

We made friends with Lillianna who taught us so much about the area - she was fantastic! And she invited us to use the pool the following day as we weren't staying at the hotel.
There was a charge, but we also had endless drinks and snacks throughout the day. The pool was perfect and during sunshine hours the bar/pool terrace was equally as beautiful.
It was quiet and exclusive, ideal for a couple. Perfectly situated in the centre of Positano.

Thank you for having us! We might see you in London Lillianna!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was traveling around Italy during a week long vacation. While I enjoyed the group I was traveling with, after long hours from a stressful job, all I wanted to do was unpack and settle in a place for a while. On a whim I booked Hotel Poseidon the night before my stay begin knowing pretty much nothing about the hotel. When I arrived the next day, the front desk was incredibly helpful and friendly. My room was fantastic - very large, with a large bathroom and beautiful views from the balcony. The terrace/bar area was also phenomenal, with great service for both the full (and included) breakfast and the many, many drinks I had over the course of my 3 night stay. Location of the hotel was great as well - I enjoy good food and two of the top restaurants in town were about a 5 minute walk away (Next2, Casa e Bottega). There's also a great market/deli right across the street which is very convenient. WIFI, which was spotty for me pretty much everywhere else in Italy, worked well at the hotel.

I often used tripadvisor to plan my trips, but never actually bothered to write a review. Hotel Poseidon was well worth the effort. I have been to many nice hotels across the globe but really felt at home at this one. Would strongly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Temple City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I just got back from Positano n spend 3 nights in this hotel...I wish I had booked at least 5 nights, it was the last legg to our two week visit to the Amalfi Coast, yes it is outdated but on a nice kind of way. The deco is different far from modern but is Unique. ...I loved it n the staff from the minute we walk into the lobby were amazing...I want to thank all the staff . Especially Liliana which was so attentive all the time making sure we were doing fine, Angelo whom took us around the hotel to show us the funny room n took so much pride to tell us the story of the elevator, the first lift in Positano; Maria n Beta at the breakfast brunch such nice young ladies n last but not least at the swimming pool Vitto so helpful n attentive whom brought my Bloody Mary's just as I ordered them.
The breakfast buffete is great and plenty.
Recommend this place 100 percent..Costumer service is superior!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Positano is probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed. This hotel was in a great location and was a fabulous hotel overall! A quick 5 minute walk down stairs to Spiaggia Grande, which is such a beautiful beach! Ensure you take your towels down as well as $12.50 Euro for umbrella. The food down by the beach area is unbelievably good. You can't go wrong with any of the choices down there. Chez Black and Rada were our alltime favorites. There are restaurants and shopping areas located on both sides of the hotel which makes it easy if you want to grab something nearby. Cafe Positano a block from the hotel was excellent! The staff at this hotel were OUTSTANDING! Luca at the pool bar/terrace always aims to please. Vito is always there to get you clean towels for the pool, an umbrella, or bring you anything from the bar. GREAT staff! The hotel was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. It is a family run hotel and the family is always on site greeting guests and making sure everything is ok. The views from the Terrace are arguably the BEST views in Positano. The Breakfast which was included in our room rate was fantastic. You can also order lunch or dinner from the menu which is all cases for us were very good. I will DEFINATELY be back to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have excellent views.