“Italy September 2013”

Ranked #10 of 48 Positano B&B and Inns
The Woodlands, Texas
“Italy September 2013”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed at La Tartana this past September and can recommend this Hotel for any short time visit. It is quaint, quiet, clean and reasonable. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. It is very close to the beach and in the midst of the shops. The Heberts,The Woodlands, Texas-USA

Room Tip: We opted for a "no ocean view" which is on the lowest floor and was better for our budget...
1 Thank twoabears

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2013

my wife and had the pleasure of a three nights' stay at the Villa last September. We had stayed there a while back and were ready to revisit. We knew some of the pitfalls and drawbacks of staying in particular areas of the city, either to far removed from the beach and restaurants or on the busy main road leading to Ravello. We booked late and options were limited. La Tartana kept popping up during our search. we were originally weary about the location (to close to the beach) but could not have been more happy with our choice. We had the pleasure of watching the daily activities unfolding before our terrace. We were close to the restaurants and boat docks but were spared the hordes of tourist hoofing their way passed the main streets. At night, I thought, is when our place shone. I enjoyed a cigar every night while composing my thoughts about that days' activities for emails to friends and family. I had the feeling of sitting in a private booth in a Roman amphitheater with the Tyrenian see as my view, the waves serving as the soundtrack. Service was friendly and efficient, breakfast could use a little boost as could the water availability in the shower, but that is a minor issue. I enjoyed my stay. For the priced paid, I would recommend and stay at the La Tartana again, opt for a sea view though.

Room Tip: sea view a must
1 Thank patten36
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I spent a week here in late September-early October, and it was wonderful. Suggest upgrading to the ocean views...it is worth it! The staff is wonderful, helpful and kind. The beds are a little firm, but that's Italy! The rooms are large, and the water pressure amazing. The location within Positano is perfect...close to the beach and a small market, right next to the Church of Santa Maria Assunta. When I come back, I will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 991Mike
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

This is such an amazing place to stay. Great location being so close to the water but still high enough to have a stunning view. The rooms are just like in the photo's- clean, fresh and spacious! The staff were so friendly and helpful. My sister got married in positano so we had so much to organise and they made phone calls to families staying in other villas, organised dry cleaning - anything we needed! Carmella at the front desk was amazing. I will definitely be staying here every time I go to positano because not only was the overall experience perfect.. The price is so reasonable!

Loved this place and would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Cml152
Essex
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed here in September. The hotel is in a perfect location, near the beach but also near the Town. The staff were delightful , and they couldn't have been more helpful. The hotel is small but this makes it very friendly. We have been to Positano 4 times now, the first time in this hotel, but not the last!!!

1 Thank Margaritte
melbourne,aus
Reviewed 15 September 2013

So glad I chose this hotel over the many I researched. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but positano is very expensive, the hotel is not too hard to find from the ferry port. There were a few steps but when we got to la tartana boutique they rang the hotel to send down some fit men to carry our suitcases up the remainder of steps. As soon as I entered the room I fell in love. So beautifully decorated and clean then she opened the balcony doors and the ocean view was stunning. Very happy camper here

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Janet D
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Best location in Positano. Our room was an ‘ocean view’ and to be honest, it was the best room I’ve ever stayed in. Having a glass of wine and eating olives on the balcony in the afternoon was a big highlight for me and a nice way to take it all in.
The staff were fabulous, very accommodating. We had an early flight on the day we left so they had staff come in early to make us breakfast. It’s the little things that count… Room was super clean, beds very comfortable and bathroom was excellent.
This place was an absolute Gem!

Room Tip: Make sure you book early of you'll miss out!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends