All expectations were exceeded, and they were sky high from the beginning. Imagine this -- what first brought the San Pietro to my attention was their on site parking. I had read horror stories from others about the general parking situation in Positano. The San Pietro answered that first issue, and then as I did more research, discovered that it was truly regarded as one of the great hotels in the world. The beauty is unmatched. The picture attached was taken from the cocktail terrace. I suggest one to google and read the history of the hotel. There were many many positives (service and staff were unbelievable) and only one negative. The hotel is chiseled into pure rock so there are a few elevators, but our room was down four flights of stairs from the lobby without elevator service. So each day started with me huffing and puffing walking up to the lobby level, but once there the view made me forget about my forced workout. The room was very nice with a very private balcony that looked east down the coast. The breakfast each morning was fantastic with the world's greatest view. Each day the hotel provides a free 2 hour boat cruise to guests along the Amalfi coast with a bit of time for swimming as well. The boat is good sized and very comfortable with a super nice captain and mate who provide a bit of beverage after the swimming. Most guests gravitate to the beach area for sun, but we opted for the pool each day which surprisingly had only one or two other couples at max. The view from the pool was sensational. Pasquale (sorry if misspelled) made our time in the area perfect. He epitomized perfect service and was a great resource. The restaurant for dinner (basically same location as breakfast) was excellent, although a bit on the high priced end. One exceptional service note here...our first night we went to the restaurant without reservations and were seated off the balcony. I never said a word or asked for the railing. After 10 minutes the hostess came over, said there had been a cancellation, and moved us right to the railing. Way above and beyond of expectations. Make sure you have a cocktail on the terrace. The staff are so nice and accommodating with fantastic cocktails...and lets not forget the world's best view back to Postiano. To coin a phrase..."It ain't cheap", but the memories will live forever. We will be back as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il San Pietro is widely considered to be one of the best hotels in Italy. It is built into the rock with panoramic terraces magnificently overlooking Positano and the Coast. Each uniquely decorated guest room comes with a private terrace decorated in the sophisticated local style with hand-painted ceramic tiles and furniture upholstered in sumptuous fabrics. Its one star Michelin-rated restaurant, the Zass, serves a variety of superb local and international cuisine and, weather permitting, guests can enjoy the unparalleled terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Il San Pietro di Positano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il San Pietro Di Positano Hotel Positano
- Positano Il San Pietro Di
- Hotel San Pietro Positano