This was our second time at ISP. The first time was perfect so wasn't sure this time they could keep up with that level of perfection. They did.
The service was perfect in every occasion, from the parking upstairs to reception to breakfast and beach. This year we were on honeymoon and when they knew it (when i made the booking i didn't specify) they promtly sent a bottle of prosecco to our room.
We had a standard room under the terrace. Very quite and nicely decorated. Maybe the wardrobe slightly small for a long stay but a large drawer instead.
The terrace always breathtaking and perfect to read a book or to have a drink before dinner. This year they introduced yoga at 9 am opposite the tennis court by the beach which we thought was a good idea. We didn't dine at the hotel so cannot comment on that.
What distinguish this hotel is the atmosphere and the feeling the hotel and the staff is able to transmit to the guests. We feel very comfortable and welcomed. They are warm, friendly but without stepping too much over the line. The reception staff was very precise even on the little details.
Maybe a couple of "negative" details: i think they can do better with the croissant in the morning, Italian style cornetto is full of cream or jam, these were a bit dry. Espresso coffe was good but not excellent. The choice of jams at breakfast was a bit limited.
A great and consistent stay which will make us go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il San Pietro is widely considered to be one of the best hotels in Italy. It is built into the rock with panoramic terraces magnificently overlooking Positano and the Coast. Each uniquely decorated guest room comes with a private terrace decorated in the sophisticated local style with hand-painted ceramic tiles and furniture upholstered in sumptuous fabrics. Its one star Michelin-rated restaurant, the Zass, serves a variety of superb local and international cuisine and, weather permitting, guests can enjoy the unparalleled terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Il San Pietro di Positano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il San Pietro Di Positano Hotel Positano
- Positano Il San Pietro Di
- Hotel San Pietro Positano