Room 14.5'x17', very nice, balcony with a view, bed was two king singles together, lifts slightly smaller than average, adjustable air conditioning/heating, room safe, fridge, hairdryer. No alarm clock but clock on TV.
I guess pretentious people who are happy to ignore basic things (like getting a decent meal) would love this place but we won't be back.
Firstly, we had money stolen from our car by the staff member who greeted us on arrival. We handed him our keys and let him park our car and bring our luggage to us (as he insisted). About 10 mins later, we realised we had left our camera in the car and went back to this same man who pretended not to recognise us. After finally showing us where he had parked our car, we looked around and (luckily) found our camera but noticed that the cash (only 20 euros) we had left in the dashboard for tolls was missing. Despite everyone denying any knowledge of this cash, after complaining to the manager, the following morning there was 20 euros left in an envelope for us after apparently being "found" down the back of the car seat - strange how two 10 euro notes suddenly became one 20 euro note! Obviously management did the right thing and reimbursed us for theft by a staff member but one would expect better staff at such a hotel.
Secondly, we were tired and so just ordered room service for dinner. Suffice it to say that I have had entrees that were more filling and far less expensive. My wife and I were both left hungry but refused to fork out for another "main course" each.
Generally, too much "frilly stuff" and not enough attention to basics. Apparently this place used to be one of the best but is certainly on the way down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il San Pietro is widely considered to be one of the best hotels in Italy. It is built into the rock with panoramic terraces magnificently overlooking Positano and the Coast. Each uniquely decorated guest room comes with a private terrace decorated in the sophisticated local style with hand-painted ceramic tiles and furniture upholstered in sumptuous fabrics. Its one star Michelin-rated restaurant, the Zass, serves a variety of superb local and international cuisine and, weather permitting, guests can enjoy the unparalleled terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Il San Pietro di Positano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il San Pietro Di Positano Hotel Positano
- Positano Il San Pietro Di
- Hotel San Pietro Positano