My husband and I stayed 4 nights at the Punta Regina over Easter long weekend. They had just opened for the season but everything appeared to be up and running smoothly. We booked a Superior Deluxe Special room and we were a little confused upon arrival. The photos on their website are a bit deceiving. Under our room category, it showed very large rooms with outdoor spas on the terrace however our room was of average size and there definitely was not a spa outside. We did, however, have a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom which I suppose is what was promised in the write up on their website. It was because of the photos provided with the description that we were initially a little disappointed. Our room was fine, but I'm not sure what the difference is between the the Superior Deluxe Special, the Superior Deluxe and the Superior (aside from an average bathroom jacuzzi.)
With that said, our room was immaculate and the terrace was massive with a small table and chairs and two lounge chairs. Everything seemed of high quality within the room and the property as a whole was really well maintained. We were also impressed with the location. While it's not in the centre of town, it was an easy 10 minute walk down (a little longer on the way up) and there were plenty of restaurants nearby. It was nice to be a bit higher up for the views.
The service at the Punta Regina is really what helped this hotel excel. Francesca was so lovely and helpful. Upon asking for restaurant recommendations, she immediately pulled out a map and drew on 12 options all of varying degrees which were invaluable for our time in Positano. She was also great about helping us with excursions or anything we wanted to do. In addition, the gentlemen who worked at the breakfast bar always remembered our coffee order without having to ask. We loved the personal feel never once having to give our room number or name. We also had the hotel arrange our transfer to and from Naples which was well worth it.
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at the Punta Regina and only wish we had more time to explore the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punta Regina is a charming and romantic hotel with 18 rooms in the heart of Positano.Originally a private villa it has been carefully restored, combining original characteristic charm with the best of contemporary features.The building lies on Via Pasitea, the main street in town, and is easily accessible.Built on four levels, the Hotel has a breath-taking view of the Mediterranean waters, that has made Positano famous.While relaxing from your terrace, not only will you enjoy the sight of "Li Galli" island and the tower "Clavel", but also the many boats sailing in the blue colored waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Albergo Punta Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Punta Regina Positano
- Albergo Punta Regina Hotel Positano