My husband and I just spend 10 glorious days at the Albergo Punta Regina, and let me just say, the photos and reviews do NOT do this place justice!
Firstly, we loved how friendly and small the staff at Punta Regina was. You always saw the same, familiar faces that learned who you were by name. They are all from the area since birth and, on top of that, good friends. There are good vibes happening at this place all the time. We had never been to this region of Italy before, so they were more than knowledgable to give suggestions, book reservations for us, transfers, whatever we needed, they could figure it out. By our 2nd week they knew our pool 'routine' and the minute we walked upstairs they had towels ready for us. Those little things make you feel relaxed and very special.
Secondly, the hotel itself it just glorious. If you like unique rooms with stunning rooms (we stayed in room 33, highly recommend...helloooooo outdoor bathtub!) Most of the guests were couples, both young and old, and so nice to chat with while sitting up on the terrace in the infinity pool. Sure, if you order a drink from the bar at the terrace it will probably cost you 7-8 euros, but they also bring you chips/peanuts to go along with it. I know it isn't much but it is a nice touch. The way the sun sets from the terrace is a nice 'watch' sort of speak, as it goes behind the huge mountain around the time you should probably head down to clean up for dinner. perfect! The location is ideal for those who want the option of strolling into the heart of Positano but having some peace and quiet at the end of the day (the downtown can be a bit overwhelming with tourists on the weekends).
One thing we should say we were super surprised about was the extensive breakfast in the morning. We were expecting some sort of a roll and a piece of fruit, but they had everything! Cereals, warm pastries, eggs, etc. Outstanding! We filled up on breakfast and generally were not hungry until late in the afternoon. The staff us usually set up earlier than 8AM, so don't be afraid to walk up and chit chat and get a latte.;)
Honestly, this is the first vacation we have taken together where we said "we WILL come back". There was something for everyone and we were heartbroken to leave. Book it. It is totally worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punta Regina is a charming and romantic hotel with 18 rooms in the heart of Positano.Originally a private villa it has been carefully restored, combining original characteristic charm with the best of contemporary features.The building lies on Via Pasitea, the main street in town, and is easily accessible.Built on four levels, the Hotel has a breath-taking view of the Mediterranean waters, that has made Positano famous.While relaxing from your terrace, not only will you enjoy the sight of "Li Galli" island and the tower "Clavel", but also the many boats sailing in the blue colored waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Albergo Punta Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Punta Regina Positano
- Albergo Punta Regina Hotel Positano