“An Intimate Tour of Positano”
Review of Zia Lucy

and up
Positano Walking tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Zia Lucy's hiking and Tours are made for people who want to explore the authentic Campania: Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Sorrento Peninsula and Capri. The tours are with an expert and licensed local guide who loves her town, Positano, and really knows its secrets, because grown up in this magical land. Every tour is made to give to the guests a local point of view, through the eyes of an insider. The tours are in English, Spanish and Italian. Zia Lucy wants peolpe to feel like at home, that's why everyone is always welcome. New: Cooking School, food and wine tour available
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As beautiful as Positano is, it is, not surprisingly, full of tourists. And it can feel as if you've stepped into a canned version of a trip to Italy. Knowing this, we weren't sure what to expect from our Food Tour with Lucy. But her lovely personality, her fondness for her home town and her knowledge of the history and food of the city set this tour apart and exceeded our expectations. Every stop was a delicious course of amazing food and wine, ending with an embarrassment of sweets and uniquely Italian liquors at Colina Bakery in town. We had a lovely chance to visit with other travelers and meet proud artisans and shop owners, but mostly we realized how pleasant it was to share a meal with Lucy!

All reviews
"local flora"
in 6 reviews
"day hiking"
in 5 reviews
"walking tour of positano"
in 12 reviews
"lovely person"
"delicious lunch"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lucy was set up for a tour of Capri and Positano by our travel company AT Escapes. We really enjoyed our time with her. Lucy was very easy to talk with and was very patient with us as we were first time travelers to Italy. She had great tips and suggestions for the "local" stuff and when we go back someday, we want her to take us hiking!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was so happy I booked through Zia Lucy! I was staying in Positano, shehad a driver pick me up and take me to Agerola (picked up my guide Alessandro on the way). We had a nice early start, Alessandro was very knowledgeable and a great guide. When we had some extra time before my ride came, he took me to one of his favorite spots in Praiano and then down to the beach so I could see it.

Zia Lucy was great and easy to deal with - would recommend her service to everyone!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Having a guide for the Hike of the Gods is a must. We had an excellent trip with the guide Antonio (through Zia Lucy). We were given Zia Lucy by several locals who all told us NOT to hike the path of the Gods without a guide. Several locals also told us independently that they would only use Zia Lucy since they were the only local and certified guides and they all knew the hike well. They also told us that some areas weren’t well marked as the hike forks and some tourists get lost. Antonio hiked for 4 hours with me and my four teenage daughters. He has great knowledge of the path. I would not have wanted to hike it without him. He knew what areas were closed due to some of the path being washed out. Some areas were rocky and sandy and he guided us safely through these areas. He was very knowledgeable. He is a botanist and taught us about all the wild flowers and plants. He taught us about the history of the area as well. He made the trip safe, interesting and so much more enjoyable. My 4 teenaged daughters all said he made the hike amazing. He also stayed with us when the hike was over to make sure we had a taxi back to Positano.
Has my highest recommendation. If you are debating on doing the Hike of the Gods, a guide from Zia Lucy is a must and ask for Antonio.

1  Thank Rob S