Casa Buonocore
  • Restaurant
Casa Albertina(Positano)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Royal Prisco Hotel(Positano)(Great Value!)
US$210
  • Breakfast included
Positano Art Hotel Pasitea(Positano)(Great Value!)
US$422
US$358
Agoda.com
US$368
US$335
  • Room Service
Hotel Conca d'Oro Positano(Positano)(Great Value!)
US$433
US$230
US$223
  • Room Service
Hotel Pupetto(Positano)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest houseboutique hotelfruit infused watershop downstairsb bour honeymoonyogurtstandard roomfamily homebeach towelscentral locationan absolute gembreakfast spreadprivate terraceprivate carthe ground floorsmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

we stayed three nights april 5-7, 2014. newly renovated and "shabby chic" this place was wonderful. great location. only 6 rooms but ours was a suite and had a great balcony/view of the water and town/church. breakfast (included) was devine--fresh pastries made by the owner and fruit, cereal, cold cuts, and made to order eggs/omelets were perfect. helpful restaurant and tour advice from the owner. i would recommend and would return. only negative for me was bed was a little firm for my taste, but that may be just me

Room Tip: we got the suite upstairs with the sea view--i recommend it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank timriordan
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I slept there for part of our honeymoon. The service was insane. Fresh fruit in the rooms, nice little pastry not to mention the design of this hotel is insane. Everything is perfectly picked and homey! I even found a powerful hair dryer to blow dry my hair. It is so central of positano that we visited all of positano in a day! They take extra special care of you. Even when I wouldn't wake up in time for breakfast they saved me some food and sent it to our room. If you stay anywhere else in positano you will be missing out on the experience of your life!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dashkabennett
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have stayed 2 nights in this lovely small boutique hotel. Everything was perfect. Our room was small but very lovely. It was nicely decorated and very clean. The bathroom was very nice. Breakfast was delicious. Our hosts were very helpful. We would definitely recommend this lovely place!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Casa Buonocore is exquisite. From the moment we arrived I felt like we had walked into a local’s summer villa or walked on set at a luxury homes magazine photo shoot. If you were to stay in another hotel, yes it can be luxurious but it is still a hotel full of tourists and you feel like a tourist. The ambience of Casa Buonocore is very different and therein lies the charm. It is elegant and sophisticated, secluded and peaceful. The service is still 5 stars but instead of being one of 200 guests, you are one of a select lucky handful of discerning travellers. Our hosts (particularly the lovely gentleman that greeted us warmly each morning at breakfast) were very friendly, polite and helpful without being intrusive and their attention to detail was very impressive.

Breakfast was simply stunning. The owners are gourmands and clearly enjoy the finer things in life and their guests certainly benefit from that. The selection was extensive, homemade, fresh and only the best quality produce was used. And the patio where breakfast was served was peaceful and relaxing. Shaded by lemon trees and beautifully scented flowers along with a little herb garden (the herbs used in my omelette were handpicked straight from the garden!). Potted plants and several lanterns were scattered beautifully all over the outdoor patio and furniture and ran up the stairwell and it was quite magical returning home of an evening and arriving at the candlelit Casa Buonocore. Very special.

We stayed here for 6 glorious nights (4th-9th August, 2013). We also stayed 3 nights just up the road at the Hotel Marincanto and 2 nights at the Hotel Minerva on the island of Capri (please refer to my other reviews).

Casa Buonocore does not have a pool or the quintessential postcard view of Positano but it more than makes up for that in every other way to make your stay here a very memorable experience. We stayed in a standard room with a small balcony. The room was impeccably clean with beautiful bed linen and simple designer décor. It was perfect for our needs. The B&B is exactly as described on the website. It surprises me that you can actually find such an elegant and sophisticated B&B at this price point in Positano. It is worth every cent. A lot of the other hotels are more expensive and you pay a high premium for the view, having a pool, a gym, a spa etc etc but if you don’t need those why pay for them? And many of the hotels in Positano sell themselves on old world glamour but in reality that translates as outdated and tired looking rooms. Casa Buonocore is different. It is contemporary but still steeped in tradition.

For a touch of the dolce vita lifestyle without feeling like a tourist I would highly recommend Casa Buonocore.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DanAndChris
Reviewed 6 October 2013

If you are reading this review then congratulations on finding Casa Buonocore. My advise would be to stop looking any further and book this beautiful B&B as it will not disappoint. It is an absolute gem in stunning Positano.

I have to admit I was a little concerned about staying at a B&B rather than a hotel but Casa Buonocore feels more like a beautiful boutique hotel than a B&B. In fact I have stayed in a few 5 star hotels which don't even come close to the standard here. Sure there are no restaurants or spas but the personal experience here more than makes up for that.

The renovated house is absolutely gorgeous as are your hosts. Rooms are spotlessly clean, superbly decorated and serviced daily with varying levels of size and view. If you want a sea view then be sure to book the larger upstairs rooms as very little sea view from downstairs rooms. Ours was downstairs as upstairs fully booked but it was still very lovely with spacious private terrace.

Breakfast served daily on the terrace was superb with so much effort put into it.

Sandra and her team are all an absolute delight and were more than happy to help us in anyway possible way, from restaurant recommendations, organising tours, drivers and even laundry. Thank you so much to all at Casa Buonocore for the beautiful memories of Positano it has left us with.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends