“Small piece of heaven”

Ranked #19 of 50 Positano B&B and Inns
surrey
“Small piece of heaven”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This an absolutely fantastic B&B, every bit as good as it looks on the website. I have fantastic memories of waking up and seeing fantastic views out of the window. The staff are incredibly helpfull and will help you organise you days. Breakfast is delicious and varied, better than most 4 star hotels I have stayed in. The room was tranquil and a pleasure go be in. Ideally positioned at start of pedestrian area. Really did not want to leave

Room Tip: We stayed in the uppermost room with the terrace. It was stunning
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We recently returned home from two nights at Casa Buonocore, and it's the most lovely decorated home I have ever seen. The owner and staff were incredibly helpful to us, and they made the experience of Positano an enjoyable one. The rooms and bathroom are very spacious and you can tell that Sandra the owner has thought about every single detail. The breakfast spread was also a real delight with plenty of options to choose from. I would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a charming stay in Positano.! One suggestion I would give to people getting off the ferry on their way here is to pay for the porter to carry your bags up, we didn't but wish we had since it is a bit of a steep walk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChicagoChica2
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

You can tell that a lot of care and attention has gone in to creating Casa Buonocore and that it is a much loved home rather than just a business.

First the people - our main contact was with Pietro, Sandra and Happy but I'm know there is more to the team.

Pietro was excellent providing as much information and recommendations as you wanted. Very gentle with us but very sage advice.

Sandra was a lovely hostess and as I understand it the interior design and ambience was down to her - brilliant is all we can say.

Breakfast - we would quiet happily have just eaten breakfast all day. Some of the best food we had in Italy. Excellent variety, fresh, local ingredients, very generous and delicious.

The room - fabulous, spacious, beautifully fitted out and extremely comfortable - and a terrific view.

Location - very handy to everything but outside of the tourist hustle and bustle.

Can't recommend Casa Buonocore highly enough.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is in my opinion is the perfect place in the most perfect location. You know when you leave a place and you have that aching feeling in your stomach that you just don't want to go. My wife and I had this when we left. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel welcome. This place is a credit to both Sandra and Nino and their wonderful staff, Pedro, Happy and I am so sorry but I can't remember the girls name. All amazing though. There are are few places in the world I would say I would return. This however I know I will be back. Grazie Mille!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff T
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I always have to read a lot to decide which hotel I'll stay in my trip because I know that a bad place to stay can make your trip a nightmare. I was reading a lot on where to stay in the Amalfi Coast and then I decided to stay at Positano, because it's a very strategic place to be when you want to go to Amalfi, Ravello, Sorrento and Capri.
And then it was time to decide which hotel to chose when a friend of mine said about this small boutique BeB. And it was a perfect hotel, in a perfect and strategic place. Let me explain: Positano it's a city (or village in the hills, so you'll need to go up and down every time you wanna do st. Ex.: when you're here you'd like to go downtown (where there's a lot of nice restaurants, stores, the beach and the port), you'd like to go to the restaurants with the whole view (which are on the top of the hill), and you'd like to have good access to the parking lot and the bus stop, to move and to not have to carry your baggages far away on the stairs. This place is on no more than 5 minutes by walking of any one of this.
Parking lot: 43 meters
Bus Stop: 192 meters
Beach: 315 meters
Downtown: 25 meters
Amazing restaurant on the top view: 430 meters
(All the distances are quite approximated)
And the rooms are amazing design, the breakfast is gorgeous, the bed is amazing, the shower, everything. And they make you fell home. If you need st, let Pietro know that you'll receive everything that you need.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gustavo V
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2014

we stayed three nights april 5-7, 2014. newly renovated and "shabby chic" this place was wonderful. great location. only 6 rooms but ours was a suite and had a great balcony/view of the water and town/church. breakfast (included) was devine--fresh pastries made by the owner and fruit, cereal, cold cuts, and made to order eggs/omelets were perfect. helpful restaurant and tour advice from the owner. i would recommend and would return. only negative for me was bed was a little firm for my taste, but that may be just me

Room Tip: we got the suite upstairs with the sea view--i recommend it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank timriordan
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I slept there for part of our honeymoon. The service was insane. Fresh fruit in the rooms, nice little pastry not to mention the design of this hotel is insane. Everything is perfectly picked and homey! I even found a powerful hair dryer to blow dry my hair. It is so central of positano that we visited all of positano in a day! They take extra special care of you. Even when I wouldn't wake up in time for breakfast they saved me some food and sent it to our room. If you stay anywhere else in positano you will be missing out on the experience of your life!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple