“Location, location, location!”
Review of Hotel Savoia

Hotel Savoia
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My two children and I along with another friend and her children stayed at Hotel Savoia for five nights in late April. We would highly recommend this hotel.

First, the location cannot be better. It's very close to the bus stop and the pedestrian area, with easy and quick access to the beach.

The staff at the hotel are very nice and accommodating. I never once had a poor interaction. The even provided beach towels for the days we went to the beach. They happily made all our dinner reservations for us.

The hotel itself is very clean and simply but tastefully decorated, I thought. You don't have to worry with this hotel, it actually looks in person like the pictures on its website. Our rooms were again very clean, and simple. The shower is a nice size, and but the lighting in the bathroom is not very bright. Basic amenities: hair dryer, soaps and shampoos, safe and mini fridge. Our balcony was on the third floor with a beautiful hillside view and a sea view as well. Although our rooms were not connected, we were able to make our balconies connect for one larger terrace and even ate a light dinner out there one night.

The included breakfast is simple, but completely adequate. Boiled eggs, cold cuts and cheeses, yogurts, toast, cold cereal, fruit, juices and tons of pastries. My friend and I loved the cappuccino and coffee every morning.

We did not drive, so I cannot comment on the parking. However, if I were to return to Positano, I would definitely not attempt either driving or parking. Not for the faint of heart!

The only reason that I did not give Hotel Savoia a 5 rating, was the wifi. The do offer free wifi in the lobby and the first floor lounge, and it does work fairly well. However, the lounge could get quite crowded at night with people using the wifi. Our experience would have been perfect if the wifi had also been provided in the rooms. I think that in 2014, free wifi in all areas should be a standard that ever hotel strives to provide.

Would I recommend this hotel? Yes. Would I return myself? If I could not find a similarly situated hotel that offers wifi in all areas, I would definitely return to Savoia.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Wendy K

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We loved Hotel Savoia. It is in the ideal position in the town, providing a great view and pleasant walk down through the wee streets and shops to the Beach. Our room was on the third floor with a beautiful mountain view and partial sea view. Good size, very clean with traditional tiled floor and simple furnishings. It had lovely french style glass doors with shutters opening onto the balcony. Breakfast was wonderful, all kinds of delights and the best coffee.

Being early April the town was getting prepared for the tourist season, the ferry service started up with trips to Amalfi and Salerno and Capri. We visited Amalif town one afternoon on the bus for a couple of euro. We stayed 4 nights which was so nice to relax & enjoy this lovely town and Hotel. I would visit again and recommend to family and friends.

We traveled from Rome: from Termini Station train to Naples then train to Sorrento and local bus to Positano.

3  Thank daisyC_11
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Not the newest on the block but certainly one not to pass over. Central location with views to die for. Family owned and operated for four generations gives you a sense of the history of Positano and a warm friendly smile when you arrive. If you want all mod cons you won't find it here but you will find comfortable rooms and hot showers. I think it's excellent because the people made it so.

Room Tip: Take a drink and sit on the terrace. You can watch the traffic and people meander down the road as t...
1  Thank Gtw0
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The good points: really good location in central Positano and close to secure car parking. The room was good and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was very good.
The bad points: wifi is only on the ground and first floors so it can get very noisy as people connect on SKYPE. We must be unlucky as our shower was very poor, perhaps they vary in different rooms.

Room Tip: I suggest that, if this is important to you, you check out the shower before taking the room as ours...
1  Thank hilarymunro
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hotel Savoia is a very nice hotel in Positano. Centrally located just at the point where the bus route meets the pedestrian area. The staff were very helpful( thank you for obliging me with the Rugby match on TV) The breakfast was excellent and we had a lovely room with balcony and a great view

2  Thank harmul
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights in Positano with our 2 boys. This hotel was lovely. We had a 2 bedroom with a terrace that had a glorious view. I think my favorite thing was the bathroom. Large bathroom with 2 sinks and the shower was amazing. The staff was friendly and kind with lots of suggestions on whatever we wanted to do. Location was perfect. They arranged a parking garage for us. Nothing bad to say at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paula B
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Family of 3 stayed here in mid March. Overall my rating would be somewhere between average and very good. The positive: Location (close to beach and shopping), great breakfast, good views, spacious room, good english channels. Negative: Room is outdated mostly because of the furniture, and service is mixed. At breakfast the service is great, but at checkin they sent us to the wrong room, and then when the bellboy came with the luggage he just charged into the room without knocking or apologizing afterwards. At checkout they overcharged us by mistake, but apologetically corrected teh mistake when we pointed it out. Not sure if this is the best bet in Positano I would do a little research if returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family