“Unreliable Hotel”

Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Positano
San Diego
“Unreliable Hotel”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Do not book at this Hotel. Seriously, trust the other reviews that have mentioned experiencing problems with this hotel either losing your hotel reservation or canceling last minute. I unfortunately decided to rely on all the positive reviews that I saw about this Hotel and I sadly got BURNED. :(
My fiancé and I are traveling to Positano to celebrate our Honeymoon so we were so excited to stay at this Hotel after seeing all the amazing pictures and positive reviews online. We booked the Hotel in November AND got a confirmation number, but I still decided to emailed the hotel directly since I was worried that others on TA had reported problems with the reservation process. I emailed the resort 4 different times over the last couple months (in English and Italian) and heard nothing from the Hotel until a couple days ago stating that the Hotel is closed during my time of visit! I’m sorry, but we are traveling to Positano during a peek time so there is NO WAY the hotel is just closed during a busy season. AND on top of that, why am I finding this out just now when I booked months ago?? If the Hotel really is closed (and didn’t just double book my reservation) shouldn’t I have been contacted immediately after my reservation was made so I could have time to make other accommodations? Needless to say, this is an incredibly important trip for me and my fiancé and now we no longer have a place to stay. I am very disappointed with the lack of professionalism this Hotel displayed and it seems obvious that there is an pattern of unreliability with their reservations. The LAST thing you want to worry about is your hotel canceling on you when you are traveling internationally, so it is just very sad that this beautiful resort has proven to be such an unreliable business.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SanDiegoJen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel and were impressed by the friendliness and family atmosphere.
Our room was spacious ,clean and comfortable and the hotel is well situated and quiet .
IWe had no difficulty in E-mail communication re our booking and our request for transport from Naples station was well organised by the hotel .

London
Reviewed 30 October 2011

It's worth getting a view at this hotel. We had a room on the top floor, the room was so spacious with terrace balcony. The view was awesome to the ocean and the top of the church.

The hotel is in very good location. Easy to walk uphill to some very good restaurants and about 10 min walk down to beach and harbor.

Breakfast is basic - no hot food but fruit, bread, cereals, yogurt

Room Tip: Room on top floor
3 Thank Twigtraveller
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I could list several negative points which requires a little bit more professional touch to be corrected about our stay in this hotel. Then I realised that despite those negatives we felt happy all along our stay and the owners took good care of us once we were there. If we go to Positano once more we would definitely stay in this hotel again and I think this is how I would like to feel for any hotel after any trip.
My biggest suggestion is they should improve their communication through e-mails. They should record their answers, be more prompt and exact in answering.

1 Thank Kemal T
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Last may I booked 2 rooms with ocean view, for 3 days, on the internet with Sir Michael Angelo... I had all the emails confirming my reservation. One month before the trip I mailed the Hotel Royal Prisco again and then the problems begin....First they tried to change the price and I had to send my first email to show them they have already told me the prices and confirm it... Then, at the day of our arrival, at 8 at night when we got to the hotel walking with all our luggage we were surprised by the same Sir Angelo telling us there was no room for us due to some problem with the bathroom and sending us to another hotel without our seaview and where we just had 2 nights to stay. We had to go there because it was late at night and we were tired of the car trip. Positano was croweded so we couldn't find another place to stay. We stayed the 2 nights on the hotel and then had to find another hotel to stay the last night....Carrying our lugagge up and down Positano...The worst experience ever....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tetebrasil
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

This well priced hotel is terrific value and so Italian! Nonna makes the best Croissants for breakfast and her son is an attentive and helpful host. All questions welcomed and answered. Our balcony was fantastic and we could watch the town and tourists go by with a glass of local wine in our hand. Central to the town the location is terrific for restaurants and attractions both up and down the hill! Would highly recommend this as a place to stay om beautiful Positano!

Room Tip: Junior Suite with balcony and view
2 Thank Tony P
NH, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We went here on our honeymoon and didn't want to leave. Our room had a balcony with a part sea, part mountain view. Breakfast was pretty standard in the tea room, service friendly, hotel and room were spotless. We spent most of our stay having picnics and vino on our balcony. It was close to the main part of town and about a 8-10 minute walk down to the beach. Waking up to a sea view every morning was therapeutic!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple