“A true gem!”

Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Positano
Singapore
“A true gem!”
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I LOVED my stay at Palazzo Talamo. I stayed for 4 nights.

Room:-

The corner room where I stayed was exceptionally spacious, and the bathroom was surprisingly large, airy and bright with a window. I had stayed in various hotels and B&B's along the Amalfi coast which could not afford to be very generous with space. Hence, I was pleasantly surprised. (I believe we were discreetly upgraded to the corner room as well - which was extremely appreciated!)

I liked very much the lovely terrace with a stunning, unfettered seaview, and colourful ceramic-tiled table! However, privacy was a little compromised, as the trellis screens separating the terraces did not provide sufficient coverage. Hence, best time to enjoy some solitude there is 7am (or before ! - when the fishermen come in on their boats) and when dark! Having said that, this mattered little, as everything else was very impressive.

Comfort was key, and considerate touches upped the standards as well, eg free wifi (very fast and good connection), a fridge to keep freshly purchased peaches and such. I liked that the shower stall was a good size with space to put my variety of beauty products! Would have been great if there was tea/coffee making facilities in the room too.

Service:-

Excellent. The night receptionist Michele was very friendly, helpful and gave us grounded insights into the culture, lives and views of the people there. I liked very much the homely breakfast spread every morning in the happy breakfast room. The ladies who greeted us each day with the best cappucino and lots of cheer started our days on a happy note.

Location:-

Fabulous. Along the main street, so easy to find while coming into Positano. Opposite is one of the tastiest ristorante's in Positano - possibly all of Italy! (Da Vincenzo). It is about 260 steps to/from the beach (Spaggia Grande) but please do not be put off by this - lots of pretty things to see on the way down/up, no need to rush, and good exercise to work off the yummy pasta/pizza. Also good that there is an alternative route - can walk/take the bus along the main street - takes a little bit longer, but also very scenic (you cannot get away from pretty sights in Positano!) and shops to see.

Food: The said Da Vincenzo (amazing pasta dishes and sweets), the pizzeria and gelateria at Buca di Baco provide delicious pizza and gelato at great value (can eat in or takeaway). Also Il' Saraceno d'oro.

Conclusion:-

Super, top marks, made our stay in Positano exceptionally memorable, enjoyable and happy! I am sure we are not being too biased, as many of the other patrons staying there looked very happy and contented as well! I hesitated writing this review, as I wanted to keep this hidden gem all to myself! But that would not be doing justice to all the hard work the whole team at Palazzo Talamo has put in to making it one of the best.

To Palazzo Talamo: grazie mille and please keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lola77Sgpr

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I have driven through and eaten in Positano enough times but I decided to take my 15 yr old daughter here, it was awesome. I was lucky as someone cancelled their reservation since we decided to go two weeks before, this hotel is great. As you approach it look for a church on the left side and it is across from the next restaurant. you can pull over a bit down near the camera store, there is no parking but they take the car for 20 euros to a lot. The views are breathtaking, its family owned. The steps are a bit much, we stayed two nights and estimated we walked up and down 2160 steps, you can take the road back which is longer but easier on the legs. I am going to show you the balcony picture.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family