“Clean, Fantastic Value and Amazing View”

Pensione Casa Guadagno
Ranked #23 of 53 Positano B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Pensione Casa Guadagno was such a great value.

My husband and I recently returned from a 10-day trip to the Amalfi Coast region and we spent three nights in Positano. It was technically still considered the off-season and many restaurants and shops were still closed for winter at the end of March. Our room at this pensione was only 60 euros a night! Unbelievable!

Considering what a great deal it was, I didn't have very high hopes for the property - but I was wrong. The room was small, but it was tastefully decorated with plenty of space to store clothes and luggage. The balcony was divine, we had a bistro table and chairs, two folding chairs and the most amazing view. You could see so far out that it was hard to tell where the ocean stopped and the sky began.

One day during our stay, it was particularly warm and we decided to go down to the main beach. We didn't have beach towels, and considered buying them for about 10 euros a piece in town, but the woman working at the pensione gave us two to use. It was such fantastic service.

The pensione provided made-to-order cappuccino and apricot croissants every morning for breakfast. It was a simple breakfast, but perfect. I looked forward to it every day.

My only complaints were that it was a little far from the main part of town - probably about a 20 minute walk. The good news is that there was a great restaurant (apparently well-liked by the locals) called Saraceno d'Oro very close to the pensione. We ate there twice. The pensione is also quite a hike from the beach. My husband and I are two young, fit adults and had to stop several times to catch our breath on the way back up, even though it was probably only a ten-minute walk. A good way to walk off all that Italian wine and pizza!

If I had more money to spend, I might stay in a super-luxury hotel in Positano, but for the price, the views and the service, Pensione Casa Guadagno can't be beat.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren_S1018

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stay at Casa Guadagno last summer. Upon arrival we were very pleasntly surprised by the quaint style and nice people. And when we got to our room, we were thrilled with the balcony view. It's a small family place and I think all rooms have excellent views of the sea. Our room was small, but clean and quite comfortable. It's only a short walk down stairs (as everywhere in Positano) to a real nice little beach, which we made many times. The hosts were great. They had good internet service (and great views) in the meal/lounge area and when I had a little work to do, the owner would come by and bring me espresso. Great place. I will return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Pros: clean, friendly, breath taking view from balcony high atop mountain in fornillo yet easy enough to get to beach.. bar on site cheap drinks strong as you want them. laundry nearby, great restaurant "the mediterranean" across street, is superb. Great restaurant for drinks at the beach "cafe marinella", less crowded than touristy positano beach but right next store just a lovely scenic walk away.

cons: only accept cash for payment no atms in vicinity, you have to go to town at bottom positano.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lorhop32
Reviewed 4 December 2011

What a pleasant surprise! We booked a triple room at Casa Guadagno without knowing much about it at all - boy are we glad we did. The room was spacious, bright and very clean. But most amazingly, it had a very large private balcony overlooking the ocean and the town - simply stunning. the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the day. It was excellently located, right in the middle of town and straight down to the quiet beach. A simple breakfast was included and could be enjoyed in the open-air restaurant; a lovely way to start your day. I would highly recommend Casa Guadagno for a pleasant, affordable stay in beautiful Positano.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I spent 10 days of living the life of someone from Positano, basically life consisted of one long lunch and a dip in the ocean, followed by another long dinner and vino!

We were lucky enough to receive a recommendation to stay at Pensione Casa Guadagno, it is half way up the hill from the beach which means every day we could walk past all the stalls and restaurants and not miss a thing! We were also in the prime location to have easy access to both the very public and busy beach and another more private one! There is a hill you can walk or stairs both ensure you dont become to big whilst feasting on all there amazing foods.

Each morning we would wake up and sit out in the breakfast area that was half opened air and included views of all of Positano. The Pensione is run by a family who are just a delight to be around. We were served yummy hot croissants, hot bread, cappuccinos and yogurt each morning. I highly recommend staying at their charming Pensione.

Room Tip: No need each room is delightful with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissKateStewart
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Positano really is special and the location of this b&b is great- close to the best beach and restaurants with beautiful views! The steps to the beach are a work out but it's the same all over positano. The hosts were fantastic the uncle is a legend! Our room had a nice terrace with a stunning view and was always clean! Thank you for a lovely stay! Chris and Francesca

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I was thrilled with Casa Guadagno. A little hard to find, but almost every place is in Positano. I had a small room with a terrace and a Sea view. My room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. Not too far from the smaller of 2 beaches in Positano. Just had to go down about 200 stone steps! Good value. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011