“good beach”
Review of Le Sirene

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Positano
Le Sirene
Ranked #45 of 48 Positano B&B and Inns
Frampton Cotterell, United Kingdom
“good beach”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

we have now been to this hotel twice great for beach hard work up the steps if boat not working food seams rather expensive and room basic.
when we traveled here last year the boat was not working because of weather and 400 steps of not good quality are hard work

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Le Sirene was my partner & I's last stop on a week long tour of Naples, Capri & the Amalfi coast and we found it to be far below the high standard we experienced in the three significantly cheaper B&B's we stayed in prior. The main issue was the 425 stairs in dreadful dilapidated condition and the complete lack of lighting at night. They are a real danger and I would not even consider letting a child tackle them. They took us 10 minutes down, 15 minutes up and we are young and fit. I was frightened climbing them at night as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and I did not feel safe. Once you've tackled the stairs it's a 20 minute walk to town along a main unlit road, so be prepared for taxis at night (18 euros one way !)The luggage cable car (which you have no choice but to use given the stairs) is 5 euros per PIECE of luggage - so factor in an extra 20 euros per couple on to your bill for that !!

Sonia (the owner) was very helpful and pleasant but I still could not shake the feeling from the rest of the staff (her family & friends I think!?) that I was an unwelcome guest at someone's home. Sonia & staff live there and appear to sleep in the bar area which we found odd when we encountered them at 11pm in search of a bottle of overpriced water. Our final bill for room & food was 370 euros for 2 people, 2 nights - we ate ONE one course lunch there and bought a few drinks..! Shortly after paying this hefty bill we were swiftly informed by a member of staff that we would not be allowed on the hotels section of the beach if we used the neighboring restaurant (Da Adolfo - really great food & reasonable prices) whilst we waited for our taxi...unbelievable!

In summary, Le Sirene need to revise their prices - the rooms, breakfast and general amenities are very basic, the price is not! Whilst the private beach is great in theory, the sea was too rough for the 3 days we stayed for the free shuttle boat so we were trapped there or else walk/pay for taxis to town.

If I visited Positano again I would stay near the Spaggia Del Fornillo beach in a guesthouse. At least the walk from there to the beach is safe and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Becky B
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Our confirmed booking was al of a sudden not valid, and that on the day we were arriving! After phoning, we were told that " there was a problem" with another arrival. Earlier the same day (2pm) when we arrived, Sonia told us (telephone) they are not ready for us, but will be @ 4pm. When we arrived at the place we were told to park our car @ 5 pm it turnred out that it was actually the parking area of another hotel, and that we would have to find sommewhere else to park. Fair enough, but the problem was that parking in the street meant we would have to carry our baggage over a km to the "lift" and leave our car in the road (Main road- Amalfi Coast drive).

It was after finding a parking space that I phoned Sonia to get clear instructions on how to proceed to get down to the hotel that she informed me that they were having a problem with our booking. This, after she told me two hours previously that they will be ready at 4pm. She promised to phone me back in 5minutes. I am still waiting.

We booked the room for a three night stay because of the romantic setting that, we felt would be the ideal close of a wonderfull trip through Italy. The trip was fantastic, marred only by this incident.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Fanus W
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Where do I begin....My husband and I started our day in the beautiful town of Positano.
We decided that we wanted to go to Laurito beach for the day and enjoy lunch at "Da Adolfo's."

Being that we know the Amalfi Coast is made up of many small businesses, we decided that we would give half of our business to the beach facility (Le Sirene) by renting out their beach chairs and enjoy lunch next door at Da Adolfo's (a place we enjoyed last year).

We took Le Sirene's boat to their beach from Positano. They brought us a bill for 25Euro (which seemed very expensive for 2 lounge chairs and umbrella we said we did not want) but said nothing of it.
A man came over to greet us letting us know that if we wanted water, coffee or anything else we were to go to them and "NOT to the restaurant next door". I kindly said thank you and paid the man for the chairs but thought it was quite unwelcoming of him to even mention the place next door.

Lunch time came around and my husband I walked toward "Da Adolfo" only to hear the man from Le Sirene yelling our way. He came up to me and was screaming that I could not go there to eat. I told him that I am free to go anywhere I please. He continued to argue with me saying that we rented his chairs so we are not allowed to go to ' Da Adolfo's' and that he made himself clear when we arrived. I tried to explain to him that I wanted to give business to both places. He then told me if I stepped foot in Adolfo's we were no longer allowed to use the lounge chairs at his facility. I explained to him that we already paid for the chairs and therefore would not be moving from them. I continued in the restaurant (since I did not want to fight with him) only to see him taking our stuff off of our chairs and moving it somewhere else.

How could this man touch our stuff? It is unheard of!!! All because we were not eating at Le Sirene's restaurant? That is crazy!

My husband ran after him since he now had our belongings in his possession. The man at Le Sirene made such a scene calling us names and yelling that we were rude. I told him that we were no where close to rude and he was making a mistake (HE WAS THE RUDE ONE TO SAY THE LEAST).

The whole afternoon I was so upset about this situation and found myself trembling at lunch time and not being able to enjoy myself any longer. After lunch we left via water-taxi.

I have no idea how the Le Sirene restaurant is, but would not recommend going there to anyone after the incident that occurred.

Da Adolfo next door has great food, are hard working people and the prices are very reasonable.
Please don't make the same mistake I did!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank FAITHamc
SoniaF3, Proprietario at Le Sirene, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
I'm sorry but customers have confused the boat, did not have to embark on our free shuttle service for the guests of the restaurant and the hotel but had to take the boat that would take them to the restaurant of their choice above. is written very large: FREE BOAT to the Sirens Restaurant and hotel
Thanks
Sydney
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed here for four nights at the end of a bit of a whirlwind trip around Italy. It was the most perfect place we could stay to relax and unwind. Our room was perfect (terrace room).. the large terrace on the side with the loveseat was perfect for a drink before dinner and after the kids went to bed. Sonia, Franco, Flavio and staff took great care of us and our children, however there was another waiter who we felt a bit put out by.. friendly on the surface but something not quite right, he seemed annoyed by us underneath the smile.. I asked when dinner service stopped and he said "whenever you like" which is nice, but then we felt rushed by him at the end. On another night he asked us for our order at 7pm.. before we had left the beach for showers etc. That was such a small thing though because the place is absolutely wonderful and we would not hesitate to return and would recommend it to anyone visiting Positano. It's perfect because you have the quiet lovely beach and beach chairs to enjoy whenever you like, but you can pop to Positano on their free shuttle whenever you feel like it for a meal, shopping etc. We saw the same people coming from Positano every day to enjoy the beach, reconfirming that it was the best place to be! Food and drinks reasonably priced.. we had drinks on the beach, snacks, ice creams, hot chocolates.. four days worth plus all our meals and our bill was very reasonable. I paid Sonia for something our baby broke and for contents of the mini bar and she tried to refuse the money! Absolutely go here, it's perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
long island ny
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We didn't stay there. Took free boat from Positano. The beach adjoining was Coney Island-like but the hotel's section only a few chaises-bathers. The food was terrific. Recommend their grilled vegetable table. And their wine with peaches.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

this was my 2nd stay here..absolutely love it..wonderful location with private boat to take you to & from Positano all day..very serene, with the most spectacular cuisine..very small & exclusive - wonderful family run place..thank you Sonia Franco Flavio Mariano & Nello..cannot wait to come back xx

• Stayed June 2013