“Do not miss this place!”
Review of Il Ritrovo

Il Ritrovo
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Positano
Price range: US$24 - US$71
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Partiamo dalla cucina perche crediamo che la qualita delle nostre pietanze sia il fondamentale elemento del nostro ristorante. Il nostro scopo diventa di farvele gustare a casa nostra nel ristorante conosciuto come IL RITROVO.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After receiving a recommendation from a couple in our hotel about this place, we decided to give it a try on our last night in Positano. So happy we did! Our hotel arranged for our reservation and we were picked up by someone from the restaurant. This place is not in the general downtown Positano area. It's up the mountain. As we were driving up, it looks more residential. When we arrived, we were greeted by a host at the sidewalk who escorted us around the back of the building into the entrance. You walk in and you're immediately in aw. If you can get a table on the one side that is essentially a patio, then eat there. Modern decor, but with a charming/old world feel. I ordered the gnocchi - very good. My husband ordered a fish/seafood dish served in the pan it was cooked it! We got the sorbet filled fruits for dessert which were outstanding. They offered us limoncello and biscotti after that. Our waiter was wonderful. I believe he said it was his brother that is the owner/chef. He was so personable and friendly that by the time we left, we felt like family. Couldn't leave without getting a photo with him! Definitely check this place out if you're in the area. Reservations suggested as this place filled up. Oh and that driver that picks you up from your hotel, yeah he drives you back too!

1  Thank Dana R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This restaurant was recommended by various sources and was in very easy walking distance from our accommodation (L'Uliveto B&B). We weren't disappointed. The food, service and location were fantastic (best service of our entire trip) and the generosity was outstanding. We returned two days later to do a cooking class and had an amazing afternoon in the company of Marilu and Salvatore. We learnt heaps and had another great evening. Will definitely come again.

2  Thank Andrea R
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My Husband and I had the most amazing meal in this Restaurant. It is rustic Italian, family run with a passion for flavours of food. The owner is the Chef, his flavours and presentation of food are exquisite. We were welcomed and looked after so well. If you are staying in Positano this Restaurant is a must and not to be missed. Great value and 5star food. We loved it.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great atmosphere, wonderful view and GREAT food and wine!!! Suggest always getting the house wine at any restaurant!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

During my month in Positano, I went up to Montepertuso three times just to enjoy the food at Il Ritrovo. I have traveled the world and must say that the meals that I had there rival any that I have experienced anywhere. Every ingredient is picked-that-day fresh, the flavors are exquisite, and the cooking skills of chef owner Salvatore are second to none. His brother Paulo serves each dish with great enthusiasm and affection for each guest. A great dining experience!!

1  Thank Gary R