See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

One of the worst experiences I've ever had..I was told two months before arrival I would have a room with a sea view..when I showed up I was greeted by a woman who was more worried about her phone then the customers..I get a room it's the wrong room they tell me I will have to move the next day..I have two small children who had to sleep on beds that folded out of the wall..we ended up moving rooms...my daughter needs special diary due to her intolerance and was told there was a mini fridge that was a lie..the hair dryers didn't work..internet went out..shower flooded..our sink leaked an smelled like raw sewage..they wanted our room key so they could clean because they didn't have any spares..we were across the street from a car wash..the "private parking" was across a highway under a building that had flickering lights an abandoned office equipment not secure at all..had to park on highway and hope car didn't get hit..breakfast was subpar..beds were a thin mattress sitting on wood and my kids "bed" was literally a couch that lifted up into a bunk bed and a pin to keep it from falling down..they ended up sleeping with us..we will never stay here again and highly suggest people look else where for hotel..don't know how they get business..worst experience ever

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Eddie L
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Not a bad hotel, I'm not sure about the price (hotel was booked by my company). There's a free breakfast (mostly sweet pastry - italian style). I had a small but decent room. Staff can speak english (but not very good).

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kadlino
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

Comfortable and clean for a one night stopover before we caught a ferry. Staff very helpful. Breakfast wasn't great. They had ran out of bread and the pastries looked a bit old.
Parking didn't feel very secure but our car was fine.
Very good value.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Hotel Gauro is situated along a busy road near the coastline. It's easy to reach by car. They have their own parking garage across the street. Breakfast is nice with many sweet pastries and excellent coffee / cappucino / espresso. Room is good size with TV with many channels, free WIFI and bathroom with shower.

We had room with a balcony with seaview - there is a road and a gas station in between though.
Hotel is close to the Baia museum and the dive centre that dives in Portus Julius.

Staff is very friendly and at the reception they speak english quite well.

So we had avery pleasant stay here.
Beds are quite hard though - too hard for us anyway. But the hotel did arrange some extra pillows to sleep on.

Room Tip: We had room 104 which has a balcony with a seaview. It is above a busy road though. You don't hear much noise with the doors closed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DiveJedi
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I'm easily pleased so I liked this place. Again, it was a place to rest our heads (2 adults/1 child). We had no intention of using any hotel facilities except their wi-fi which was advertised as free and available in all rooms (a main spec when we choose a hotel) - NOT TRUE! Unless you were in a room near a router you had to sit in the corridor to get a signal. When I asked/complained about this the receptionist checked my booking and said "what do you expect at this price". I agreed, I guess! We paid about €40 for this room! She was right but it does say in the blurb that there is free wi-fi in all rooms! Yes, I sat in the corridor! As normal, we booked this room late and on the day and on the web. It was value for money for us but would not be if you paid more and were expecting more! Our room was at the front with a 'sea view'. It's true. You could see the sea over the top of the derelict warehouses/factories and the really busy road out front. I liked this but others may not. Pozzulio is buzzing and as a stay over for Naples in the morning, it's ok.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family