Hotel Onda Verde
US$401
US$391
Hotel Il Pino(Praiano)(Great Value!)
US$1,197
US$247
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Fioriere(Praiano)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$852
Open Gate(Praiano)
  • Restaurant
1,094 results
All reviewsmilano familyamalfi coastwater taxithe busthe cliffil pirataour honeymoonsmall beachhalf boardeasy accesssun decknaples airportrestaurant staffbreathtaking viewsbreakfast and dinnereach morningthe hotel's restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I was traveling alone for the first time to the Amalfi Coast, so choosing the perfect accomodations for me was very important. I found the perfect, quaint, quiet, family run hotel....Hotel Onda Verde! It was everything I thought it would be, and more! The views out of my bedroom window were spectacular. My room was extremely comfortable and immaculately clean. The bathroom was beautifully done with the regions beautiful Italian tile. The food at the hotel was wonderful and again, the views from the outside dining terrace were incredible. It was a short walk down to the beach which also had some wonderful restaurants. The excursions I made to nearby points of interest as to Capri and Pompeii were conveniently set up by the staff at the hotel. I prefererred staying in the quaint little fishing village of Praiano far better than nearby Positano or Amalfi, however these towns are great day trips. If you are looking for a quiet, quaint, smaller hotel nestled on the mountain side down by the water with spectacular views, but yet close to many other points of interest......Hotel Onda Verde is the place for you!!!!

1  Thank trigirlLouisiana
Reviewed 22 June 2009

My husband booked this hotel for our 7th wedding anniversary - he did a really good job researching the area using recommendations on-line and from co-workers. Our room had a wonderful view of the sea with the boats below and the marina/beach. This is an area for adults, I wouldn't recommend children as the walking areas are all right above the water with a small beach (not sand but rocks) and very deep water. The restaurants and owners in this area of Praiano are wonderful - most right above the water. All our tours, bus tickets, and taxis were booked and purchased through the hotel making our stay stress free. We would definitely go back to Hotel Onda Verde if ever back to this part of the world for a vacation.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We stayed a week at Hotel Onda Verde for our honeymoon in May. Our room was spacious and the view AMAZING. The hotel was clean and located in a gorgeous spot, close to a cove where you can hire a boat driver to take you several different places. There is a great deck to lay out in the sun, and even though they don't advertise it, a masseuse they can call in that is truly the best I've ever experienced. The food was good too, but what makes this place stand out is the staff. Everyone of them goes above and beyond the call of duty to help out and make your stay perfect. We had the same waiter every night, Rafaelle, who was SO friendly and kind. And the manager, Miro, helped us out with some problems that we were having with the hotel in our next destination city. (we got moved out of the hotel and he talked to the director there and got it reversed). I have never experienced a hotel staff that cared so much about its guests. My husband was sick one day and they asked me about him repeatedly. I was sad to leave this beautiful place, but just as sad to leave the people that work there. I would love to go back for an anniversary in the future. Have no doubts about this hotel - it is not a three star when it has five star service.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2009

The beauty of this location is beyond belief. A bit secluded from the hubbub of a large town, it was extremely peaceful and resting.

This hotel is literally built into the hillside with access to the beach and teal blue waters to swim in. Easy access in front of hotel to catch bus for touring other locales and day trips that the hotel was able to accommodate reservations for.

Rooms were comfortable and clean.

The restaurant has excellent food and was willing to cook per diet requests too.
My thanks truly go out to the entire staff, as they made this solo traveler feel comfortable and welcomed as if visiting old friends. I'll definitely return to this "gem in the rock!"

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2009

A well located hotel and ideally placed for trips or just staying and relaxing in the sun. The food was exceptional and as this was our first anniversary, the chef made a special cake to celebrate as a surprise. Very helpful and attentive staff with a small family run hotel culture. South facing so full sun for most of the day. Well worth considering, especially for couples who want to celebrate something special.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple