“Absolutel fabulous hotel! Stunning views!”
Review of Hotel Holiday

Hotel Holiday
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Praiano
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I just returned from a 10 day stay on the Amalfi coast and this was by far my favorite hotel. The balcony overlooking the sea alone was worth the price of the hotel. It was the perfect place to sip wine with friends and take in the stunning view. The hotel is off the beaten path with no hordes of tourists in sight. The evenings were pure tranquility gazing out at the stars and sea. The hotel staff was also very friendly and helpful. I loved my stay and long to go back. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone interested in escaping from the crazy hustle and bustle of the tourist centers on the Amalfi coast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We just had a wonderful 7 night stay at the Holiday Hotel. The views are spectacular with a view of the sea/coast toward Amalfi, and the boats and ships cruising by. The location is very quiet and the balcony is perfect. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with advise on sites to see and making arrangements for restaurants offering free shuttles, excursions, and a cab back to the Naples airport. The location of Praiano was perfectly situated for exploring the Amalfi coast via both the regional SITA bus (bus stop is a 10 min walk) and using the local bus (stops at the hotel) to Positano. We used the free wifi, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet each day. There is a local grocery store at the corner where we picked up antipasti fixings and wine for a couple of dinners in our room. We would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have the same view. We had the "superior" room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My fiancé booked this surprise holiday for my 50th birthday and it was fabulous! The hotel staff were warm and welcoming. Our room was clean, beautifully appointed and had a breath taking view of the sea from the balcony. We asked if it would be possible for some late lunch and within 30 minutes, Concheta brought us bread, hams, cheeses and red wine on the dining room terrace... Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - we had forgotten beach towels and Marianna lent us two of her own. A bottle of prosecco and two glasses were left in our room on the first evening with a card saying 'Happy Birthday' - just lovely! We will be returning and I would definitely recommend the hotel to any one - go there and enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had three nights at Hotel Holiday. It is quite a walk into Praiano town and there are limited options for meals around the hotel. Although I can say that Restaurant M'ama was very nice (and you can use the swimming pool) ! The bus to the beach and Positano stop right outside the hotel - this is very convenient !! We did have a problem with the air conditioning in the room as we did not feel that it was satisfactory. There was a tiny vent in the wall that only blew air onto the desk and chair, and not the bed. The gentleman who worked at the desk was very unhelpful with sorting this out, but did lend us a fan. Marianne is a lovely lady who really goes out of her way to make your stay comfortable and is more than happy to help with anything.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had a really bad experience here. I booked, months in advance, and 5 days before we arrive I amended the res, reducing it by 1 night. We're on a 2 month trip, things change and I had cancellation protection and I was changing within the hotels 72 hr policy, so I figured everything was fine. We arrive and upon check-in, almost the first thing, Marianna says she's upset we changed the reservation and she'll be keeping the deposit we paid online and not counting it towards what we will ultimately pay. What?! I didn't do anything wrong because I notified you of the change within the allowable time frame so why am I being penalized? But even leaving that aside, is the way to welcome your guests to your hotel by making them feel like you're doing them a favor by letting them stay? I played by the rules and she tried to take us for a ride. My husband got really upset at her and so we paid one night and immediately left. She tried to get us to stay once we had paid the one night, but we refused. You can't treat your customers like garbage and then expect them to stay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hlyne82
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in mid July and loved the hotel, the town, and helpful staff.
The rooms were clean and with great views. The breakfast was good too. We loved the town best of all, as it was not too touristy, more a holiday location for Italians. All the noise and bustle seems to happen in Positano or Amalfi. If you want a holiday location with great scenery, and amazing walk of the gods to Positano, then this place would be hard to beat.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have good views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were 2 couples - vacation Amalfi Coast . We booked in Praiano. Holiday Hotel , best choice !!!!! Transportation just out side the hotel to Amalfi and Positano & Pizzieria few meters from hotel . Rooms and dinning room fantastic and very clean . the staff were helpful & very friendly . Hotel Holiday is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.!!!!! I would definitely return. Thank you for completing our vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013