I have 2 reviews.
1. Hotel Tritone and 2.Amalfi Vacations
Hotel Tritone was great. The views all over the Amalfi coast are great and the views from our hotel are among the best. We were there in mid-June, just before it gets really crazy and stayed 5 days. The day we arrived it was between lunch and dinner and the dining room was closed. The staff made something for us to eat without us asking. Great service. They gave us a room with an extra large terrace on the corner of the hotel (without us asking). We ended up using the terrace every day. The hotel is in a quiet spot between Praiano and Postiano (1.5 km from Praiano, 6 km from Positano). It was kind of nice to be away hustle and bustle. We walked into Praiano several times and the bus stopped right outside our hotel so it was perfect for day trips to anywhere along the coast (no driving, no parking).
Faith Mann runs Amalfi Vacations (www.amalfivacations.com) and has been living in the Amalfi coast area for 7 years. Faith is American, a lovely person, speaks Italian and does a great job. Faith runs tours all over the area and picks you up by boat from the hotel (Hotel Tritone has an elevator that takes you all the way down to the beach). It's well worth it to have Faith show you around. We went to Capri and Ana Capri and Faith saved us a ton of time. She bought tickets ahead of time and knew when it made sense to take the bus instead and when to take a taxi. You get a whole other view of the area from a boat. I'd highly recommend it.
APK from Toronto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1857 the Gagliano family welcomes its guests at the G.H.T,situated in the heart of the Amalfi Coast, embedded in the mountainside overlooking the sea. The Hotel offers private access to the Beach Club of the establishment, an outdoor salt water pool,and 24 hour guarded parking. Every room boasts a magnificent sea view and is equipped with every comfort. The various terraces in the Hall are the ideal location for a pleasant aperitif at sunset, or a romantic after dinner digestif with the splendid view of Positano and Capri on the horizon. Guests can savor the mediterranean cuisine on the panoramic terrace of the Restaurant “La Cala delle Lampare” or choose the gastronomical selections of the Beach Restaurant “Ninò”. For the passioned wine enthusiasts, we offer an ample selection of local and Italian wines from our extensive wine cellar. The strategic location of the Hotel permits those that would like to visit the Coast fast and comfortable access to the main tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel Tritone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Positano
- Grand Hotel Tritone Praiano, Amalfi Coast, Italy