“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Margherita
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Praiano
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Thanks to the efficient and dedicated staff for the most memorable stay at a hotel. From the moment you arrive you are treated with the utmost care. The attention to detail is seen everywhere in the hotel. Great location peaceful and quite, what more could you ask for. The breakfast is devine and so is the scenery. You answered all our questions and went over and above to ensure our stay would be remembered. We thank you and keep up the fantastic job. We will definitely return

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Laura S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Every aspect of the experience at Hotel Margherita was surprisingly good. The hotel staff will drop you off and pick you up from a number of locations in town, the view is beautiful, the restaurant is great, and our room was huge (for Europe). No complaints, and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank gregmarshall339
Bideford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

A delightful family run hotel in a charming resort. The staff are extremely friendly and cannot do enough for you. The hotel's mini-bus is at the guest's disposal to be run or picked up anywhere in the village. The resort is quite peaceful compared to its neighbours. Back to the hotel, the only things stopping me giving it a five rating are the breakfast, which is quite basic and the room make-up service which is a bit hit and miss. However I would have no hesitation in staying here again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view is worth the extra cost as it is simply breath taking.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TerryP31
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Margherita in April. We cannot say enough about how nice this hotel is. Friendly staff, excellent breakfast and dinner, clean and comfortable rooms, great location, and the spectacular view. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful. We hope to be able to visit the Amalfi Coast again in the future, and if we do, we will be staying here again!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

First of all we were greeted by Suela at the hotel by glass of prosecco. She also gave us all information how to get around, what to see and how hotel will help us. Thank you Suela. You was the best every single day helping us. Everybody was very nice and helpful. I make about 2-3 international trips every year and 4-5 domestic trips. I do not even remember another one where were treated like family members. Hotel by itself is very nice, with a wonderful sea view, clean. Free shuttle takes you to the city and to the beach. It is a place where you feel at home away from home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Angela231_13
Marietta, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Let me begin by saying that I am not much of a fan of Hotels period. We usually stay only at B&B's or Agri tourismos. So when we drove up to this Hotel I am not expecting to be wowed at all. They do have a very pretty Hotel! They gave excellent service and even drove us wherever we wanted to go in Praino. So we REALLY loved that! The breakfast was sumptuous and expansive as can be. HUGE breakfast with cakes pies cheeses meats eggs pastries the works! They have a pool too, very pretty. One of the best parts of the experience was the view on our balcony of MOST of the Amalfie Coast. Great room HUGE even! It's a great place. I wish all of our experiences were like this.

Room Tip: Definately get the room with the views on the 3rd floor you will NOT regret it. It's a breathtak...
1 Thank Sonny R
af73, Proprietario at Hotel Margherita, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Sonny,

thank you very much for your beautiful words!
Our gift more valuable is to give a touch of feeling.
In this way we know that we are progressing in the right direction.
We love our work.
A big hug:
Suela & family
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've spent 3 nights at the Margherita and I had a wonderful time. The location is very good, with a fantastic view of the Mediterranean and conveniently located between Positano and Amalfi. Parking is just across the street. I've seen buses passing in front of the hotel so I guess that just adds to the convenience if you choose to use that method of transportation. Although I must note that if you are looking for walking distance things, this may not be the best location.

Also somewhat close by is the Praia de Marini (or just ‘Praia’, as they call it) a spot you cannot miss. It is a 15-20 minute walk, well worth it but the way back can be hard because of the amount of steps and also the wine you had at one of the restaurants at Praia. Anyways, I highly recommend it.

Back to the hotel, this is a family run hotel, very nice and friendly staff. The rooms were of a good size, we had a nice balcony overlooking the sea and the cost line where we enjoyed wine in the evenings – very, very nice. The bed was a little uncomfortable for my taste, but we've stayed in other hotels in Italy and they all had a somewhat hard mattress, maybe it is just how it is.

They serve a simple but tasty breakfast and at night they server dinner either downstairs next to the lobby or on the rooftop, weather permitting. We had dinner there one night and the food was pretty good! We just didn’t eat there more days because we like to try a different place every time.

On the downside, my trip was during the spring and temperatures during the evening/night on the 50’s. The room’s AC was disabled, temperatures were comfortable but in order to sleep well I had to leave the balcony door open to get some of the cool air. Initially sounds like a great idea, but later on I found out that it gets noisy really early – a few cars on the road, people talking (Italians are loud) a rooster… every day early morning I had to close the glass door which had a very good sound insulation and the problem was solved. Anyways, it was somewhat bothersome but not enough for me to ask the front desk for help, I am sure they could provide me with a fan or maybe enable the AC if I needed, but I just didn't feel like it was necessary. If you visit during the summer I am sure the AC will be functional.

Overall this is a great place to stay and I’d definitively come back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Praiano
Hotel Pellegrino
Hotel Locanda Costa Diva
Casa Angelina
Casa Angelina
#3 of 20 in Praiano

Been to Hotel Margherita? Share your experiences!