We stayed here 20th-23rd July 2012 and loved every minute of our stay. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful and there is a relaxed atmosphere in the hotel without it being pretentious. The hotel is a very modern style (my parents probably wouldnt like it!), we had a standard room with a side on sea view but this didn't detract from our stay as the previous review suggested. The rooms are well equipped and very "white" which again creates a very relaxed stay. The gym in both pool areas are well equipped and accessible and the art displays and art deco furniture throughout the hotel are both interesting and add something to the atmosphere.
We dined in the hotel restaurant on our first night which is fine dining to say the least, it is not cheap but well worth a visit. Be sure to ask for a good table on the veranda overlooking the sea though, amazing views. If you,like rose wine be sure to ask for a bottle of the ravello costa de amalfi, its one of the cheapest on the menu but but is delicious, it was recommended to me by one of the very friendly bar staff!
If visiting positano which inevitably you will, I recommend the free bus shuttle to get you there. We got got a water taxi back from positano which was €25 but well worth it just to see the posh yachts and get a different perspective on positano and the hotel itself. The private beach is worth a visit but I personally like space and sand and due to the confined nature of the coastline this beach has neither. Good ambience created by the music though.
Overall a very luxurious and spacious hotel with a modern atmosphere. Very comfortable rooms and extremely helpful staff (sorted out a table at music on the rocks for us, well worth a visit also!). The open, modern and very white communal spaces in this hotel really make it a superb retreat for people looking to get away from it all for a bit of relaxation and we would definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barefoot Luxury on Italy's Amalfi Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Angelina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Angelina Hotel Praiano
- Casa Angelina Praiano, Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Hotel Casa Angelina