“STUNNING AND JAW DROPPING”
Review of Casa Angelina

Casa Angelina
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Praiano
Reviewed 9 June 2013

THIS IS MY FAVORITE hotel along the Amalfi Coast. It is a quick 15 minute free shuttle ride to the famous village of Positano. I stayed at this gorgeous stunning jaw dropping beautiful 5 star hotel for one night and it felt like I was there for 5 relaxing days! This is a very unique hotel for the Amalfi area as it is painted completely stark white and is very modern! Most hotels in the area and not high tech and this hotel is so it was refreshing for this young traveler! I loved that my ipod plugged into the televison and that they had built in speakers so I could look over the sea while listening to great music that I love. The rooms are very nice and they each have a personal laptop for your use with free wifi! Each room has a balcony and the balconies on each room face the beautiful sea and they look over the village of Positano with Capri off in the distance. It is so quiet and relaxing here versus the way overpopulated village of Amalfi and Positano. You can get true rest and relaxtion at this resort!

The restaurant and breakfast bar are on the top floor of the hotel so while you dine you are enjoying nothing but complete serenity and the gorgeous water on the rooftop terrace and at night they have amazing lighting in the restaurant.

BIG TIP from a seasoned traveler - The Amalfi Coast has millions of tourists each year so it makes it very difficult to get around especially seeing that huge buses bring in the tourists by the hundreds. The roads are small and difficult to navigate. I went to villages of Amalfi and Positano on this journey and they were packed with Tourists. Praiano is more of a locals village so you get the natural feel of the Amalfi Coast without all the nonsense. It was my favorite location and the little town is so cute! If you dine outside the hotel make sure and stop at La Strada for amazing pizza and a view that is to die for! I met the owner and he takes huge pride in his establishment! Thank you to the concierge of Casa Angelina for recommending this place for lunch! The people in this village were so nice! ALSO Thank you Casa Angelina for making my much need vacation so amazing! I love love love you guys and your entire concept! It is so refreshing!

Lots of love from Malibu and I cannot wait to see you again very soon!
XOXO
-Chad

Room Tip: Try and upgrade to one of their rooms with the large balconies it is worth every last penny!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank chad_11
There are newer reviews for Casa Angelina

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Excellent, relaxing hotel. Staff are amazing, helpful and always on hand to help. Great location looking along the coast past Positano. Superb food in restaurant and bar. Clean, bright and elegant. Perfect for a romnantic break.

1  Thank Alf M
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Quiet location, amazing views over looking Amalfi Coast and Capri. Modern decor, everything including the welcome drink is white apart from the glass art dotted around the hotel. Food is first class if you are able to book a table. Pool could be slightly bigger. Perfect for romance.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nastykat
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Casa Angelina has a very contemporary style, which - at first, was not what we were looking for in Italy. However, the level of service and professionalism shown by each and every member of the staff made for a wonderful stay for my wife and I on our honeymoon. The entire facility is very clean. There are constantly people working to upkeep the hotel grounds. It seems everyone there knew our names and our itinerary for the day. The room was made every time we left. In all, it is a beautiful hotel with beautiful views from just about every window, deck or door.

Some of the prices for food and drinks seemed a bit excessive. There was a 15 Euro fee just to deliver room service. Those things aside, we left the hotel feeling as though we had been treated as royalty and were happy we chose to stay there!

3  Thank Jaceofbass
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed three nights and were thoroughly spoilt. Had to move from first room as a bit noisy for my super sensitive ears! But absolutely no problem. Staff courteous and friendly. Very relaxing with fabulous views. Food very good with lovely menus. Breakfasted late and long. Such a treat. Short walk to charming village with a few bars and restaurants worth checking out. All in all excellent. Have to look hard to find fault. Even had a guy going round with paint pot touching up any scuffs. It is that immaculate! We used the bus to hop between towns which was cheap.And used cabs which are expensive. Take extra cash for taxis.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at Casa Angelina in May, 2013 for four nights. If you look at the pictures of the hotel on the hotel website you will be blown away by how gorgeous the hotel and the views from the hotel are. I can say without exaggeration that the pictures on the hotel’s website, despite how amazing they are, do not do the hotel or the views justice. They are even better in person!

The hotel is beyond beautiful – modern, spotless, in an incredible location with mind blowing views. You won’t be disappointed by the hotel - it’s a work of art – or the location in Praiano – the scenery is so beautiful it’s totally surreal.

The icing on the cake for us at Casa Angelina was the staff. Not only were they exceedingly professional, courteous, and attentive, as one would expect from a hotel of this caliber, they were also very warm, kind, and friendly. They made us feel so welcome and gave the hotel a real cozy feel.

I don’t eat gluten. I told the wait staff this when I ordered my first meal. From that point forward, I didn’t need to tell them again. They automatically gave me gluten free bread, adjusted all of my orders to be gluten-free, and even prepared my meals separately to avoid cross contamination. They were more than happy to accommodate me and were honestly surprised when I thanked them. They said, “of course, it’s our job.”

Which brings me to the food. OMG. The chef is a genius. My mouth still waters thinking about the incredible meals we had. Gluten free or not, the meals were perfection. The breakfast spread is unreal. The lunches were delicious and the dinners were moan worthy delicious. We ate in the restaurant and also ordered room service. For room service, they bring you a beautiful table. Sitting in your room to eat is not a downgrade from the restaurant. It’s wonderful.

There are no coffee makers in the rooms (except for the suites). I love my espresso first thing in the morning, so I sent my husband to the restaurant to bring me back one. He came back with a server from the restaurant who carried two beautiful espressos back to the room for my husband, on a silver tray with adorable cupcakes. They insisted on carrying the coffee for my husband. The staff really takes care of you at Casa Angelina in the most thoughtful ways.

I really can’t say enough good things about this hotel. If you are looking for a five star boutique hotel on the Amalfi Coast, you can’t go wrong with Casa Angelina. It exceeded our expectations. Praiano is a one of the smaller towns on the Amalfi Coast, but my favourite. It's so quaint and so quiet. We loved Praiano.

If you have a VISA Infinite Avion card, book this hotel through VISA Benefits. You’ll get the best rate guaranteed, a free room upgrade if available, breakfast daily (which at Casa Angelina is worth 25 Euro a day per person) and a $25 food and beverage voucher.

Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for three nights for my 50th birthday celebration with my partner. Very romantic with fabulous views. Little treats every night left by the bedside table. Offered delicious sorbet round pool in little cups. Little biscuit with hot drinks and tasty snacks with drinks in bar. Chocolates out all day at bar too! Good location for visits to Amalfi, Ravello and Positano. Very attentive staff. Received fab upgrade after complaining about noisy room. We even had a Nespresso coffee machine in our room! Hotel decor a little clinical; all white, everywhere. Delicious dinner in restaurant but not cheap. Pretentious water menu presented, that's a first for me! All in all a nice few decadent days.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank LittleRis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Praiano
Santa Caterina Hotel
#6 of 20 in Praiano
Il San Pietro di Positano
Il San Pietro di Positano
#1 of 38 in Positano

Been to Casa Angelina? Share your experiences!