Casa Angelina
US$239
US$325
US$283
Official Site
Hotel Il Pino(Praiano)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$168
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Alfonso a Mare(Praiano)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$147
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Locanda Costa Diva(Praiano)(Great Value!)
US$155
Hotel Pellegrino(Praiano)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmurano glasswater menuwhite decorour honeymoonfree shuttle to positanocanopy roomalmond milkmodern hotelbeach clubromantic roomamalfi coasthand creamcomplimentary champagnethe main hoteloutdoor poolhotel shuttlehotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2009

Simply fabulous. Great rooms. Stunning view. Excellent restaurant. Good service.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2008

Stayed at Casa Angelina in July after reading reviews on trip advisor.
Coming all the way from NZ we really wanted a relaxing and beautiful place to finish off our 6 week holiday in Europe, we wernt disappointed with this hotel. The pictures on the web site are exactly how the hotel is in reality.

We had a room over looking the outdoor eating area by the pool and our deck had wrought iron railings so we were able to sit out and admire the fantastic views. Our room was cleaned, I'm sure, twice a day - it was always immaculate. On arrival we had champagne waiting which was a lovely surprise, and little extras every night. Also a great array of gifts on our last night.

We loved the art works in the hotel which really added something to the all white decor and the stunning views.

Ventured down to the beach twice, first time there were no seats available in the Casa ANgelina area but the guy who worked down there got us a great spot right down by the sea. The steps up were many but was a great way to work off all the great food we had eaten on the trip.

We always had breakfast at a little cafe in the village, it was cheap had great coffee and delicous croissants. Did breakfast once at the hotel but prefered the cafe. Also ate outside of the hotel for 3 of our 5 nights, great linguine with clams! Our dinner at the hotel restaurant was fantastic with great service and complimentary wine. We used the service the hotel provides to Positano which was great, loved this town, totally different from Praiano which is quiet and relaxing, it was very touristy but great to have such opposites. However we were very glad to come back to Casa Angelina. Didnt like the town of Amalfi much a real disappointment.

Our room was at the end of the building looking over to Positano and so had no problems with noise as others have complained about.

Also want to compliment the drivers that transfered us to and from Napoli railway station, they were fantastic, friendly and very informative - yes it was expensive but worth it.

We really enjoyed our stay here we stayed in other great places in Europe on this trip but Casa Angelina was a highlight.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwi061
Reviewed 6 November 2008

White is the dominating tone of your stay in Casa Angelina; spotless white themed rooms that break into the blue of the Gulf of Salerno and the sea cliffs of the Amalfi Coast.
The lounge of the hotel, with original glass sculptures and stylish furniture provides a comfortable and sophisticated atmosphere where to relax and enjoy a drink or just read a book. The almost omnipresent view over the Gulf is simply soothing and the courtesy of the service, without reproach at all levels, contributes to enhance the experience.
You can work-out if you want in a small, but quite well equipped gym with indoor swimming pool and a sauna or enjoy a sophisticated dinner at the top floor restaurant. Or you can take the lift and then walk down the stairs that lead you straight to the sea.
If you want to relax in between sightseeing, Casa Angelina offers exactly the kind of place you enjoy going back to.
The only reason I’m refraining from giving it an “excellent” rate is because once you step out to your balcony overlooking the sea you find out that there is no separation with the neighboring balconies, making the experience of relaxing in front of a beautiful sunset just a little bit less intimate. There is also the breakfast buffet which, while being good, leaves quite a lot of room to improvement.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2008

We stayed here recently for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel is exquisite to look at and live in with everything in white and the most fabulous views along the coast including wonderful sunsets. More importantly for a hotel stay were the fantastic staff. Everyone was more than helpful and friendly, but not in corporate 'have a nice day' way but genuinely concerned with your wellbeing. The breakfast was great and a good selection given it is a relatively small hotel. We ate in everynight and the food was consistently excellent. Overall I highly recommend this hotel.

P.S. If you can afford it take the hotel motor launch out along the coast and enjoy the stunning scenery.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I took ages in deciding if to stay at Casa Angelina due to some very mixed reviews below. I took a chance, and I'm glad I did. However, the negatives written elsewhere are true - as are the positives.

I always knew Casa Angelina would appeal to me because I love white-washed modern buildings with scattered art work adding splashes of colour. I liked this building and the rooms, though I hated the artwork, but that's a personal matter.

What is an absolute A+ about the design of this hotel is the huge windows all over the place. The designer had the sense to know that the view was more important than anything inside the hotel - and what a view. Stunning! From morning to night, in any kind of weather, the view captivates. And what is even better is that you get a view of Positano which is far better than actually visiting the place. We used the free hotel shuttle to go there and couldn't wait to get back to the tranquility of the hotel. Ditto for Amalfi. Positano and Amalfi were lovely charming places 50 years ago - now they are just tourist traps full of tat for sale, and they teach you nothing about Italy.

We had one of the rooms with the terrace, and it's true they are miniscule and not remotely private, and as soon as you sit down the balcony wall obscures your view. Surely as you lay on a sun lounger you want to gaze out to sea and dream, no? Who wants to lounge and look at a wall?! Our room was also smaller than expected, and I hated the fact there is an open front clothes hanging space instead of a wardrobe. If you're going for minimalist design you hardly want luggage, footwear and clothing on display right next to your bed.

Before booking, and upon arrival, I made it clear I wanted a quiet room after reading numerous reports about this being a noisy hotel. And it is, so maybe there are no quiet rooms? We didn't have one decent nights sleep - and on vacation I personally think that hugely important. So after 5 nights we moved on to another hotel looking forward to sleeping. I appreciate for many people this will be their first trip to the Amalfi coast so they don't care about sleeping as they want to rush all over the place. But we have been to Italy loads of times and wanted a relaxing break away from the hectic life of the city.

I was very aware that there are complaints about the price of the hotel breakfast costing around 21 euros, however you can have the continental for 12 euros and that's excellent. Though why not just build in the breakfast costs into the price of the room? It's as irritating as Italian restaurants charging you for bread even when you don't want it, or eat it. It looks petty and penny-pinching.

I also note a complaint that there was no DVD player. Rarely will you find a DVD player in your room in Italy - so you ask for one, and they set it up for you. It's that simple. On this particular trip to Italy I stayed in 3 hotels, none had DVD players in the room until I asked for one. Knowing full well that in Europe (outside of the UK) you're only going to get CNN and BBC World I know to take some DVD's to watch for late night relaxation.

On our first evening we had an excellent meal in the restaurant, and didn't think it that expensive. However that really depends on where you have come from, and the prices you are used to. Londoners wont find the prices unreasonably high, though Americans will because of the exchange rate. However, there are cheaper options in the local village - bizarre places with fluorescent strip lighting with no atmosphere, indifferent food and service, reminiscent of a 1970's British seaside resort. On one occasion the waiter took our order and actually dropped wind with absolutely no shame. We declined dessert preferring to get out into the fresh air!

Lunch at the hotel is very good - a single club sandwich would satisfy a bunch of labourers. And the staff, both sexes, are very pleasant to look at. Someone made some smart choices there! There was one absolutely lovely girl who seated us as breakfast and dinner, and if someone is smart they'll snap her up, pay her top dollar, and get her career seriously going places. I wish I could remember her name because she deserves a name check. Also, some of the male waiters are full of wit and charm and really appear to be enjoying their job. And that seems to be a rarity in this world where everyone under 25 thinks they deserve fame and riches for nothing in return, let alone actually having a talent for anything.

What I did find bizarre is that they have music playing just a little too loud in the common parts all day. This is fine in the bar area, but not remotely conducive to relaxing in the huge lounge area when you want to read a book or the newspapers. So the lounge area, the largest area to sit in, with the best views, remains empty. In 5 days I didn't see a single person using it. I also don't want to listen to Michael Buble at breakfast ... why are so many hotels in the world playing that drivel? It's becoming like elevator muzak! I don't get that I'm in a great zen like dining room, eating fresh produce looking out on to a fabulous view, and I have to listen to a Canadian singing Mack The Knife like a poor mans Frank Sinatra. Why? Is silence so bad?

I note some recent reviews have called this hotel perfect for honeymooners ... so glad I didn't read that before I went because I would have cancelled my booking. I don't think this a honeymoon hotel at all. It's a modern hotel for modern aesthetically minded people. Having recently visited Mauritius, which really is a honeymoon location, I know I never want to be anywhere honeymoon-like again. I would say Casa Angelina is a nice destination for young at heart city people, and Sex & The City type girlfriends wanting a relaxing break.

I should note that there were some nice suprises upon arrival in our room. And very unexpectedly there were further very welcome suprises the night before we left. I wont elaborate as I don't know if everyone in every room gets equal treatment.

So - 5 days at Casa Angelina is more than enough, and due to the strength of the euro visting Italy is not a cheap vacation. And as taxis will charge you 75 euros for a 20 minute journey, we wont be rushing back to Italy for a long time. However, we moved on to another village, and a cheaper hotel, and within hours wanted to get back to Casa Angelina whatever the cost and lack of sleep. And it didn't take long to miss the lovely staff.

Lastly, I note some people call this a 5 star resort. It is not. Hotels like The Four Seasons, The Peninsula and The Ritz Carlton are 5* hotels. Whereas Casa Angelina is a very good 4 star plus hotel, which if it had less rooms would be described as an excellent boutique hotel. And, if they could sort out the sound proofing we certainly would go back ... but sadly I doubt they'll be able to. So I say GO - but be warned that it's not perfect, but it's far better than many places along the Amalfi coast.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple