“Stunning and beautiful hotel”
Review of Casa Angelina

Casa Angelina
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Praiano
Reviewed 9 July 2009

We spent a week at Casa Angelina in June for our Honeymoon. This was a very last-minute booking (arranged just 8 days before our wedding!!) but I am so glad things worked out the way they did as this was just the most special, beautiful place to spend our first week as a married couple. The views are stunning, the staff exceptional (nothing is too much trouble), the rooms clean and spacious. We stayed for the first few nights in one of the L'Eaudesea room, built into the rock and 250-odd steps down near the small 'beach' (not sand) and harbour. After this, we moved to the top of the hotel to the Junior Suite - both rooms were wonderful in different ways, so we had the best of both worlds! The breakfast is fantastic but pricey if you do not get this included in your room rate. I would urge you to eat in the hotel's 4th floor restaurant at least once as the food is truly wonderful. We would also recommend the nearby restaurants Le Strada for excellent seafood and La Brace for the best pizza we have ever tasted. Due to the roads in the area, it is a total mission to get anywhere, either on the beloved SITA buses or by car, but I'd say it's worth for as this hotel really cannot be beaten for a truly memorable, luxurious holiday in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.

Reviewed 26 June 2009

I was looking for a place to relax and eat some wonderful food. I stayed at the Furore Inn for a week and had them find me another place for the second week of my vacation. They chose Casa Angelina. It was perfect. From the moment I walked it in, it was tranquil. The view, the smell, everything was perfect. I had a solo room, but it was fantastic. I have to admit that I was the only single person there but I made the best of it. The food was fantastic, but I spent most of my meals at the top of the hill. The name escapes me. The only downside was the pool was small. Everything else was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2009

This is a lovely hotel. The pools are rather small as are the bedrooms. The balconies are not at all private which was a bit disappointing. The food was spectacularly good and the service understated but charming. We loved our stay and would go back.

Reviewed 24 June 2009

Upon learning that our wallet had been stolen in Rome with driving licences inside, Casa Angelina went out of their way to get us a driver with a decent price to take us to their hotel. Upon arriving at 10pm, they quickly checked us in and arranged for us to have a wonderful dinner in one of the local late night restaurants.
No detail was missed by the highly proffessional and genuine staff of Casa Angelina.
The rooms were wonderful. We had a dreamlike view and everything worked perfectly!
This hotel inspires romance and my husband and I enjoyed our mini honeymoon as only newlyweds can!
we hired their private boat for a few hours and went to Capri, beautiful caves, dips in the crystal clear sea and had lunch at a seafood restaurant on the way back. They thought of everything!!!!
The decoration of the hotel is really cool and simple and I especially loved the glass elevator with the stunning views.
Although going to the beach meant a lot ( and I mean a lot!) of stairs, it gave us that tiny bit of exercise needed to work off the delicious food.
The breakfast at Casa Angelina is the best hotel breakfast that we have ever had ( and we stay in many 5* hotels and resorts!!).
Both my husband and I have no doubts that we shall return here and we encourage our friends to also go there

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2009

My b-friend and I are just finishing a five-night stay at Casa Angelina. We don't want to leave. Here's what we like about it: First, the setting is unbelievable. The hotel looks out to the sea with a picture-postcard view of Positano across the bay. The town of Praiano is charming, quaint, and a short walk away... of all the towns along the coast, it's our favorite. This morning I did a hike up to the monastery in the mountains above Praiano and went swimming in the sea below... it was perfect. Positano is a few km away but feels much more touristy and caffeinated.

Second, we love the layout and design. The hotel is modern, bright and young without being overly pretentious or trendy. The lobby feels more like an art gallery. The rooms are stunning, with all-white furniture and terraces overlooking the sea. We loved our evening drinks by the pool and breakfasts on the roof terrace.

Finally, the service was terrific. The staff was helpful, genuine, and professional. The lady at the front desk helped us arrange a day trip to Capri in our own private boat, which was fantastic. And as a gay couple, we never felt uncomfortable.

Areas for improvement? We couldn't get WiFi to work, though Internet is included and Ethernet worked fine. I would have liked easy access to chilled, bottled water for free (though I'm funny that way). The lounge chairs around the pool fill up early in the day, especially on weekends. But these are trifles.

Casa Angelina is one of our two favorite hotels ever (the other is the Bel Air Hotel in LA). I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 15 June 2009

Casa Angelina is a perfect hotel for couples looking for modern, sleek design hotel with the extra touch. Service was amazing and we loved it. Romantic and good location (short drive away from Positano).

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2009

Came here for our honeymoon - It is the top rated hotel in the area, and you can see why when you get here, there are not many top hotels in the Amalfi area that are not traditional and gaudy, whereas the Casa Angelina has a very fresh modern look and feel to it, everything is wood or white.

Its in Praiano which is 2 miles from Positano which is only a bus ride away, and the home of some great restaurants, if not a little pretentious, apparently all the famous people go to Positano, maybe they stayed away in June. We had some great food out mainly in the local tavernas in Praiano which is very chilled out,. Keeps you fit though with the walk up the steps from the hotel.

Our only gripe was the attitude of the reception lady, a European lady who was very abrupt and not what you expect when you are paying $500 a night. When we arrived it was the last hotel we stayed in on our honeymoon, and we wanted details of local restaurants and attractions. She was very unhelpful and didnt recommend any of the local restaurants only one outside the village. We eventually went and spoke to someone in one of the local hotels, I forget the name, but at the top of the steps, it was a 3 star place but the owner was very nice and recommended all of the local Priano restaurants to us.

We did extend our stay at the Casa Angelina and the views and facilities are great, as are the staff in general. Maybe our reception lady was having an off week, but I would highly recommend the place for all the other features

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Praiano
Hotel Margherita
Il San Pietro di Positano
Il San Pietro di Positano
#1 of 38 in Positano
NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi

Been to Casa Angelina? Share your experiences!