“Nothing special”

La Brace
Ranked #20 of 32 Restaurants in Praiano
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Wednesday evening and although the sign of the restaurant says Pizzeria, the restaurant does not serve pizzas on Wednesday. The bread served as an appetizer was old and the waiters not very friendly. The food was average but expensive. All in all nothing special this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
“Authentic Italian cooking”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We visited this resturant for lunch and enjoyed the fresh home cooked pasta so much that we decided to have dinner there as well. My wife had the fish of the day (Dorado) which was simply BBQ'd and I had a Pizza (Diavolo) which was cooked in a wood fired oven to perfection.

The staff were very attentive but not overbearing and we saw none of the signs that others have expressed about not being friendly. All in all a very enjoyable evening.

Visited April 2014
victoria bc
“Real food. Real people.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We ate a lot of meals at La Brace this past March when we stayed in Praiano. By the end, the owners were treating us like family, aware of our particular tastes and going so far as to cooking up dishes that weren't even on the menu in order to satisfy my husband's fussy appetite.
Everything is fresh. The fish is caught that morning, the bread and torts are baked fresh daily, and the menu changes with the season. Sit by the window, eat well, enjoy the bay. Life doesn't get better.

Visited March 2014
Southwold, United Kingdom
“Dishonest? You decide.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We went to this restaurant 4 days ago.

The manager (or owner) speaks excellent English but we were served by a waiter who spoke no English.

As I generally do when on a trip, I ordered, In Italian, some house wine which I was assured was locally made. I always prefer to sample the local vino to support local producers and hopefully, save a little money in doing so.

The wine came up in a bottle rather than a carafe or half carafe jug. Nevertheless, my wife and I sipped from our glasses while waiting for our dishes to arrive.

I perused the label on the bottle and noted that the wine was produced in Foggia, which is on the Adriatic side of Italy, some 190kms away. I drew the waiter's attention to this and he went over to the manager and showed him the bottle (this little show may have been for my benefit). The manager merely shrugged his shoulders and the waiter returned to us, put the bottle back on the table and simply said "Pardon".

No, I didn't refuse to pay for the wine as maybe I should have done. Instead, I simply deprived them of a further booking two evenings ago that I had previously agreed with the manager.

I have now read other diners' reviews of this place and I guess that I got what I deserved by going there. I wonder if the produce they use in their dishes is as they say. Is the fish fresh? Is the meat out of the freezer?

Who knows. Would you believe what they say in any case?

And by the way, we ordered a portion of fries that never appeared.

And are they dishonest? I know what I think.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TonyWindsor
Wilmette, Illinois
“Great pizzas and Italian food.”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This place is a more homestyle italian place- red and white checkered table cloths and great pizzas. We went there two nights on our trip and the first night we had the margarita pizza for 2 and it was huge. We ordered way too much food but we found it all excellent. The calamari was also really good- very fresh. Good views and simple- the service is very local and attentive but definitely not overbearing. This place can get full. Great location on the main street in Praiano town. Also, we found that many restaurants charged a cover charge per person and this was one that did as well.

• Visited October 2013