“1 star consider more for this hotel!!”
Review of Palace Hotel

Palace Hotel
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Prato
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“1 star consider more for this hotel!!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at Palace Hotel last week during my visit to Italy. I had a really bad experience there.
I have listed all the comment below:
1) They have only 2 lifts and the size of the lift is extremely small. Max is 2 pax with
2 luggages.The best thing is one of the lift is out of service.
2) The weather in Prato is about 36C is the room A/C is not working. I went down to
the reception and requested to check on my A/C. Few minutes later, a hotel staff
(initially he is the bellman at the lobby, i guess he is doing one man show) came to
my room and told me this is the lowest degree and they cant do anything about it.
He did even tell me that the A/C in the corridor is better.
3) The bathroom is very dirty and the towel smells one kind.
4) The bed is very thin and things are easily fall from the bed if it is slightly heavy.
5) Due to no A/C, the room became very stuffy and hot. We decided to open the window
for some fresh air. We woke up the next day with plenty of mosquitoes bites.
6) The selection of the breakfast is very limited but they do have fresh bread provided.

Overall this is a terrible stayed for us in Italy. We will not recommend this hotel to anyone and will not return to this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JoeyL89

• Greek first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We are quite upset to see a four star hotel having such unclean rooms, with air conditioning and toilets not functioning. Hotel was unable to service them during our stay. Many families in our group also complained of the same.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank suryaprakashrao

Travellers are raving about these Prato hotels

ITALY
Reviewed 18 December 2010

rooms very dirty , NO aircondition in rooms !!!!! for 4* below standards

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank ATC11
london, england
Reviewed 27 January 2009

I stayed at Hotel Palace in december during the Christmas period for business and I had a good stay. Gentle staff, completely renovated hall and room (and a beautiful christams tree :-)). There was also a suggestive gala dinner. I recommend the hotel to everyone who needs to stay in Prato for work.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Worcester
Reviewed 15 July 2007

My partner and I stayed at this hotel and it was truly horrendous. It was dirty - the dust and stains in the reception area should have told us. We went to our room and that was just as dirty! The bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned in it's entire life! Soap scum was all over the soap dish attached to the wall. The restaurant (for breakfast only I might add, because it was included) was ancient. The food was vile including the coffee. It was an absolute disgrace. When we first arrived it felt deserted and we wondered if we had the right place! Please someone tell me how they can get away with classing it as 4 star? My partner would never have booked this hotel had he known how awful it was. As for the (virtually non-existent) swimming pool, well what a laugh! It was empty and looked unused for years. Please don't book this hotel unless you want to throw your good money away. It really was atrocious.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing! It was filthy!
  • Disliked — Everything from the reception area to the room to the restaurant to the pool! Horrendous
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tupelo88
England
Reviewed 1 September 2006

We booked this hotel through Lastminute and it sounds really good at the time and paid good money, it wasn't cheap. And my 4 years old daughter was so looking forward to staying at this hotel because she could swim at the hotel pool. That what Lastminute had on their website.

We were so disappointed when we got there. The hotel is in industrial area. The breakfast was awful, horrible warm instant coffee, smelly ham, flies buzzing around the breakfast table, no fresh pastries, boiled eggs were cold and almost green inside. Also, false advertising for the swimming pool. It hasn't been used for ages, not even drop of water in the pool. The room was equally horrible. Unfriendly waitress used to upset with people leaving the food and half drunken coffee on the table. The list goes on. I recon you can get better accommodation at YHA.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away from PALACE hotel in Prato
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Valleygirl2k
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2005

My parents had just come back from Italy and stayed at this hotel. They were extremely disappointed and will not consider going back. The service was horrendous with rude staffers. My parents went as a group tour and in NONE of the rooms did they have hot water and the rooms were dirty and in poorly kept condition. When they complained, they were told that no others guests had such a complaint. My parents were not treated well there, they believe the staff was very racist, which I have come to believe as well. To put this as a 4 star hotel is a joke. This might as well rank as one of the worst hotels ever. I hope those considering this hotel will think twice as your vacation will surely not be enjoyable if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2005