The guidebooks have overrated this one. If I had been expecting and paying for a 3 star place, this would have been great, but it missed the 5 star status by at least 2 stars. The place is charming and the people were nice, but it was way overpriced and under-serviced. We paid for their deluxe room and although large enough, there wasn't even a shower in one of our rooms. Not even a hook for the hand held nozzle with a shower curtain. The brochure in the room stated there was afternoon tea, when we came down and asked we were met only by perplexed employees. We ate dinner there one night and it was very good, but highly overpriced. The place is out of the way and they offer no transportation. It is near no village and they did not inform us on check -in that there is no way to get any food there between breakfast and dinner. The brochure had walking and biking trails but none of them were maintained or clearly marked. Several of us got lost and came back hungry and tired and were not offered even a glass of cold water, complimentary. I don't really mean to be a downer, we were just expecting more based on the reviews and the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thanks to the different programs available you will be able to decide which itinerary to take to discover the island or explore the nearby Mediterranean destinations reachable by private plane from the airfield at Eremo della Giubiliana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eremo della Giubiliana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eremo Della Giubiliana Ragusa
- Eremo Della Giubiliana Hotel Ragusa
- Eremo Della Giubiliana Sicily/Ragusa, Italy