This hotel is a lovely spot to truly relax. The staff are an amazing group of people, from the incredibly helpful concierge and smiley GM, to the barman and matire d Matteo who went out of his way to make us feel welcome and added genuine class and personality to the place. They are lucky to have him and he seriously impacted the quality of the venue. You will need transport, as the spot is remote, but beautiful and relaxing.
The rooms where comfortable, and the food in the evening was very good served in a beautiful setting by attentive staff. Breakfast was fresh fruit and a lot of cake, but would have benefitted from some greater variety as would the lunch menu. A place to have drinks outside that was not the restaurant would have been a big benefit.
Some of the advertised facilities like the bikes have seen better days, and the boat and private beach feel like they may be a tad overstated. The boat was not available and the beach was a shared affair, some distance from the hotel with an aggressively rude attendant who did everything but make you feel welcome.
The Eremo is still a family home, which in many ways adds to its charm as the family is very much in residence. However, the owner himself does not go out of the way to acknowledge or appear friendly and welcoming to his guests, which is both odd in this setup and a shame as it can undermine the hard work and effort of the amazing and authentic staff.
All in all it is a lovely place to spend a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thanks to the different programs available you will be able to decide which itinerary to take to discover the island or explore the nearby Mediterranean destinations reachable by private plane from the airfield at Eremo della Giubiliana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Eremo della Giubiliana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eremo Della Giubiliana Ragusa
- Eremo Della Giubiliana Hotel Ragusa
- Eremo Della Giubiliana Sicily/Ragusa, Italy