Stayed here in May half term and the resort was quiet, not sure how the facilities would cope in the summer months. Our family bungalow in the Villagio had 2 bedrooms and although fairly basic and dated was clean and adequate for our stay. The air conditioning was good, the rooms were cleaned daily and shampoo/shower gel etc is provided. The cobbles in the villagio, while make the village look more authentic are very noisy with the many golf buggies that are driving around and also hard to walk in heals or to push a buggy!
There are many french visitors to this Club Med, this was not a problem for us, all the staff however assume you are french before then speaking english! The staff were very friendly and always happy to help. The resort is massive and it does take a day or so to find everything. There are information boards with the times of all the activities in the village centre but we could have also done with this information in our room for when we arrived.
There are many activities on offer here: a massive swimming pool, sailing and kakaks on the beach, many tennis courts, zumba and other dance/exercise classes,circus skills,football,basketball etc etc These are all free. There are other activities such as scuba diving and quad bikes which you have to pay for. The weather can be windy here though so that does effect the beach activities and restricts the sailing to those who are experienced.
The food here is amazing. I'm not normally a fan of the buffet meal but this was something else and very tasty. The puddings are fantastic! We eat every lunchtime in the smaller Marino restaurant with sea views. It opens at 1pm- get there then or you may have to wait for a table. The pizza and pasta there was especially good.
My daughter (8) went to the kids club one day but didn't go back as it was mainly french children. The kids club however looked fantastic and had many activities to keep the little ones busy all day. The staff there work very hard!
Transfer from the airport is long, it takes 2 hours so be prepared for that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the land of Etna, where steep alleyways and flower-filled squares look out over the Mediterranean! Kamarina is where you can appreciate Sicily from beneath the shade of its olive trees. You can inhale the scent of the bougainvilleas as you stroll the paved walkways of the Resort, or freshen up in Club Med's largest swimming pool. In this vast 96-hectare Resort, which offers the pleasures of roller blading, tennis or sailing, children and adults alike can discover a 100% family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Kamarina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kamarina Hotel Ragusa
- Kamarina Club Med
- Club Med Ragusa
- Ragusa Club Med
- Club Med Kamarina Sicily/Ragusa, Italy