“AMAZING AUTHENTIC ITALIAN FOOD”

Trattoria Da Cumpa' Cosimo
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Ravello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

After our amazing private tour of the Amalfi coast your awesome tour guide Antonio recommended we eat here. It was the best food I've ever had in my life and my standards are extremely high. We had a sampling of a few different pastas, local wine and dessert. Everything was OUTSTANDING, I can't recommend this place enough. The whole experience was fun and fantastic. The owner is hysterical and his mother is adorable. It's a must see if you're in the area. Also, the prices were so affordable. We only paid 60Euros for the three of us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This was the second time we visited having had it recommended by the staff at Positano Cars. I had the ravioli and it was wonderful. All of the food is so fresh and tasty. The lady in charge is great, she comes to every table to check and make sure everything is OK and then decides how much to charge you. The torte limone is sublime! I highly recommend this lovely place.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Yes, we were brought here by our guide. But, I have to say the food was excellent. We had the gnocchi and ravioli. Probably the best gnocchi I've ever had. In addition, the local wine was excellent. I am usually very picky!! Yes, the ordering and billing process was a little less formal. But, it really felt like you were being treated as a local not a tourist. After all, we weren't in NYC or Miami :)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

After a few hours exploring the wonders of Ravello our driver suggested this restaurant for lunch and we were wary but he insisted it would be great and excellent value and it was. Fairly dark and tucked into a side street but the food made up for everything. Our party of 5 enjoyed their meal immensely and I had a pork chop cooked to perfection with garlic and herbs... simply fantastic. We decided against sweets but were bought a tasting plate of their version of tiramisu and it was the best of the many we tried over a five week period in Italy. I will be back to Ravello and will certainly be back to Cumpa Cosimo.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Well...the restaurant is not so "bad". First of all you have to pay attention to the menú: every dish written with a little star means that is not fresh, frozen. But it's written, it's pretty honest. Don't order fish, it's expensive and nothing special. I suggest coniglio and agnello. Avoid alici marinate and homemade wine, it's like water....and it's true that the waiter is particularly nice with foreign girls!

1  Thank Michele S