We had a wondeful time at Villa Casale. We stayed in the Magnolia Appartment which was superb with loads of space and real privacy on the balcony whilst still being able to look out onto the pool and the lovely gardens. And best of all Casale must have the best view of just about any apartments in Ravello and better than a lot of the expensive hotels as well.
As a group of apartments and with some famillies staying (including the owners family) it is not going to be quiet all of the time which is part of the charm and anyway we spend a lot of the time out and about, even if if was only to take the short walk up to the square for a coffee or a drink. However in the evening about the only 'disturbance' was from the music festival.
The pool is wonderful, with a shallow end for kids but deep enough to swim in when doing lengths, for which the pool was quite long enough. And the view from the pool is great over the sea and lower town is also to die for.
The walk into the towm is only a couple of minutes, but beware, there are lots of steps down from the path and the complex is not suitable for anyone with any mobility problems. Well worth booking the people to take the cases to and from your appartment I think. This means that the parking (always a problem in Ravello) is a way off but the apartments give you a reduction at a local underground car park. However although we spent quite a lot of time in the town it is worth having a car to get out and see things off the beaten track.
I did think quite hard about the overall score but gave it five because we had such a great time. However I did have 3 minor gripes.
1. Meeting up to get the keys is a bit chaotic - the location given to meet the agent is not straigtforward and I ended up calling her 3 times before meeting. There are so many obvious places to meet on the square why choose somewhere obscure!
2. It was very hot when we were there. The design of the apartment means you can't put in fixed aircon but it would be great if a mobile unit or even a fan was provided.
3. Recycling - great emphasis is placed on this. But the days of collection actually mean it is almost impossble to do if you are staying for only a week so you end up stacking everything in the apartment. If it is that important why not just have a quiet corner where all the guests can put their rubbish.
But these are minor gripes. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here and my wife and I will go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful villa located in Ravello town centre, within a walking distance from the main square. The Villa is comprised of nine apartments (Studio, bilo and trilo) tastefully furnished sharing private swimming pool and solarium. Max capacity for the villa is 25 people. Ideal for family and wedding parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Casale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Casale Hotel Ravello