We stayed at these conveniently located, beautifully furnished apartments in April, 2008. We booked through a Rome agency over the internet so we didn't end up getting the apartment we requested ( there are 4 to choose from) and the owners advised to book directly with them to make sure this didn't happen again. We were also unaware of an added fee of 15 euro per day for parking the car in the garage because the Rome agency had neglected to tell us. (incidently you have to advise Mr Franco when you want your car so he can reshuffle all the cars in the garage to get yours out!). The views from all the verandahs are spectacular as are the beautiful Ikea furnishings. They leave you a complimentary bottle of local wine and fresh fruit which is also lovely. However, there are quite a few things to be aware of -
1. the patio in the' uva' apartment has all the air conditioning units at the back of it and while it was not hot while we were there, I can imagine how hot it would be sitting on the patio with 6 air conditioning units blasting hot air on you!
2. You can't turn too many appliances on at once as this blows the circuits. We were very careful about this and it happened twice to us.
3. There is no toaster
4. The kettle only heats the water to 80 degrees, therefore the water never boils! We used a saucepan on the stove instead.
5. The washing machine is totally useless. It made noise but half the clothes didn't even get wet!
6. The ensuite shower is pathetic and the room is so narrow that you bang your head on the wall if you lean forward while sitting on the loo! Very claustrophobic - even more so in summer I imagine as the window is not accessible.
7. THE WORST THING about these apartments are the beds. Generally beds in Italy are harder than usual but these were incredibly so - if you laid a sheet of cardboard on the tiled floor and covered yourself with a blanket you would have an equally comfortable night's sleep as you would on these beds!!! REALLY BAD!!!
Having said all this, the owners were very friendly and helpful when we experienced trouble catching the local bus ( the stop is conveniently just outside the apartments!!) Mr Franco drove us all the way into Amalfi in his own car, which was very nice of him.
In summary the location and the owners are wonderful. The comfort and facilities let them down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High quality accommodations with pool in Ravello, on the Amalfi Coast, Italy. Rental period can start and finish any day of the week. Min stay: 3 nights ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Pagliarulo Complex by Amalfivacation.it reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pagliarulo Apartments Ravello