“What a View!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Perth, Australia
“What a View!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently enjoyed three stunning nights at this delightful hotel in the beautiful hill top town of Ravello and wished it was for a much longer stay.
I was fortunate to be given the honeymoon suite and had the most glorious view across the bay.
Breakfast was just right and served on the terrace
The staff were all so helpful.

Room Tip: Try and have a room overlooking the terrace and bay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank jojolovestotravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed in the Fraulo for 6 nights in May . From the very efficient and professional welcome , to the breakfast service , a truly memorable experience .
Hotel personnel including Francesco , and all others , made reservations , provided recommendations and helped with any request . Top notch .

Rooms - we had a superior , provide a nice balcony view for early AM wake up vistas . Definitely a "splurge" , but the memories will linger far after the cost is forgotten .

Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GBHMtl
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having visited Amalfi before, we wanted to come back to Ravello. The hotel is built onto the rock and the main entrance is on the 7th floor and ideally situated, only a short stroll from the town square and its Cathedral, shops and restaurants etc. The accommodation consisted of a sitting room, bedroom and bath/shower room. Both rooms led onto a (morning) sunny balcony with chairs and table looking out to sea towards Salerno; one of the most famous views in Italy.
The staff were more than excellent and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast on the terrace restaurant was a treat but we only had dinner at the restaurant once and were a little disappointed with the food. One meal is not a fair test though. There are many other restaurants, in particular at Villa Cimbrone, also with great views.
Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, Naples, Pompeii and even Capri are easily accessible from Ravello. Altogether, a great break.

Room Tip: Sea views are always best but only sunny in the mornings.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian60London
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I cannot say enough about this hotel. We chose to stay in Ravello because we were attending a cooking class with Mamma Agata closeby and since I didn't want to be late to the class, I thought we should stay local. Mamma Agata actually recommended this hotel to us. Originally, I had chosen to stay in Hotel Caruso because it was my birthday and I wanted to splurge. Instead, I opted to have dinner at Caruso and stay in Villa Fraulo. That was the plan...We checked in and it was a bit of a ghost town. I am not going to lie, I was disappointed in the hotel at first. We pulled into the front of the hotel, or what we thought was the front of the hotel, and we were unable to get into the hotel. I was wondering what sort of place we had decided to stay. There was a phone outside straight to the front desk. The woman from the front desk came down and let us in. Apparently, the front entrance was on the other side of the hotel and since they had renovated and added on a building, there was a bit of a maze to get to the main hotel. The hotel is beautiful. It is all white and it is just so gorgeous. We chose to stay in a suite because it was my birthday, it wasn't much more money to choose the suite, the suites are incredible and the bathroom alone is worth the money. We had two balconies with an unreal view of the ocean and lemon groves. We were there at the start of the season (April) so it was quiet and the weather was perfect...70s. This hotel is steps from the center of town. It is small but it is very quaint. There was a music theatre that was made of stone and steps from the hotel. They were having a concert one night that we were there but it was too late by the time we realized it. However, I would recommend looking into the concert schedule..I think they are twice weekly in the Summer. It looked amazing inside...very old and very interesting. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to enjoy it. The music sounded beautiful too. When we were exploring the hotel, we went up to the bar to have a drink and it was pretty much dead. There was a wine room with a candleabra lit up on the single table in the room. Surrounded by hanging dried salamis (which the chef hand makes) and bottles and bottles of wine. I said to my boyfriend, imagine if they would let us have dinner in there for my birthday? He asked the bartender/waiter, Mauricio, and he offered the room to us that night and whatever other night that we wanted to eat in there. We reserved for the following night which was my birthday. When the next day arrived, we went exploring the coast in a car that we rented. Ravello is set up high which makes a nice contrast for scenery from the surrounding cities. We came back and prepared for dinner in the special room. When we got off of the elevator, I was so mad with my boyfriend for not calling Mauricio to remind him of the reservation. The door was closed to the room and I assumed he forgot. He came over to the elevator and greeted us. He is so, so nice! He led me into the wine room. It was filled with candles and candleabras all around the room and table. He seated us on the single table. He offered up any of the sausages from the ceiling and cut it for us on the cutting board accompanied by sundried tomatoes, cheeses, etc. We chose a wine and sipped on it while we enjoyed course after course of the most delish food. Mauricio offered us a different menu if we couldn't find something that we enjoyed on the first one that he offered. He took the chef into the room and introduced us to him. We praised him! Minutes later, Mauricio brought in a special made FULL birthday cake for me. It was an entire cake which was all decorated in white and looked like a mini wedding cake. They sang to me and we sipped on Prosecco and cappuccino after that.....It was an experience like no other. We had such a great time. I felt so special and so privileged. Mauricio really took an interest in making the room beautiful, the food to our every liking, and treated us like we were honorary guests. It was one of the best birthdays that I have ever had. For that memory, I cannot thank him enough. This is a beautiful hotel, great location, and service comparable to none. AND, the beds are so comfy- they have the posturepedic mattresses.

Room Tip: Ask for Mauricio in the restaurant!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dawn m
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I've now stayed in at least five hotels in Ravello and would put this one as my second favourite (first being The Caruso, but that is reserved for special occasions!). The people are extremely friendly and helpful. We asked for tea/coffee facility to be put in our room and this was granted immediately. The view is stunning, but then a lot of hotels in Ravello do have the same view. What sets it apart for me was the wonderful breakfast. As we were the first guests of the new season (and for one night the only people in the hotel!) we had our breakfast delivered to our room. There was enough to feed four! pastries, croissants, cake, fruit, yoghurt, juices etc., We then asked for mushroom omelettes for the following morning, expecting only to receive that, however, we still got all the above AND the omelettes! Also the room was lovely and clean with an extremely comfortable large bed. I'm sure that you would not be disappointed with this hotel, however, only one small downside, the infinity pool is very small and certainly you would not be able to sunbathe around it. If that is not so important to you, the I would definitely highly recommend this charming hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diane J
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a lovely time in Ravello and Villa Fraulo was fantastic! The staff were super friendly especially the boys in the restaurant/breakfast area. I have been drinking espresso with lemon peel ever since. The beds are fantastic and never slept to well in a hotel before. would for sure come back in the future.

Room Tip: get the slightly larger rooms as my friend stayed in a slightly cheaper room and it was quite small
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MagdalenaNilsson
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

we had a beautiful time in this hotel,the staff is very attentive,a special mention deserve maurizio and his team they made our stay anforgottable.ravello is a lavely small village,there is a lot to see and very friendly people

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple