“Breathtaking view, great food.”

Villa Maria Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Ravello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Wheathampstead, United Kingdom
“Breathtaking view, great food.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Well worth the climb up to this restaurant which has some of the best views in Ravello as the backdrop for your lunch, or dinner. Linked to the Giordano Hotel and, if you're staying there you will get a reduction of 10% on your bill. The staff make you feel special and the food is great too.

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toulouse, France
“The worst wine and pizza we had in Italy”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

While the views are nice and the service was decent and polite, our lunch experience here was ruined by the quality of the food. My husband and I each ordered a glass of the house white wine and a pizza off of the snack bar menu. The wine was the first disappointment – it was highly acidic and of poor quality, and a single glass cost almost as much as a half-liter of house wine at the other restaurants we'd visited on our trip. Then there was the pizza. After enjoying delicious Italian pizza during the past seven days, we were disappointed to be served what appeared to be tourist trap food: a thick-crusted, American-style pie with no sauce, no herbs, no redeeming qualities. This was the only time on the trip when we felt the experience didn't justify the price.

• Visited September 2013
ViPa A, Proprietario at Villa Maria Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
It is our habit and, above all, service to ask our clients about their opinion on the meal.
If the clients notified to our maitre about the wine, he would have surely changed with another and, the same would’ve happened with the pizza.
Our reply onto trip advisor are mainly suggestions for our clients. Our mission is to leave a good impression and experience of our properties but it is pretty hard if the clients leave their comments after the departure.
It is not easy to know the tastes of all our customers, but if they notify their preference when they make the order, we can surely recommend the courses more suitable to their predilection.
London, United Kingdom
“Worth the walk”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Currently visiting the Amalfi coast and had a late afternoon / evening in ravello. After walking around the city and unable to find our desired restaurant we visited the restaurant part of the hotel villa Maria. The views were amazing her lady ship was content and the food good and service excellent . Even a table of Americans could not destroy the evening...well worth a visit. The drive back down the mountain in the dark was interesting

Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious food with a perfect view!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I came across Villa Maria restaurant as we were strolling around Ravello. Passing by I noticed how beautiful it was and decided we should go in for lunch. They asked if we had a reservation and even though we didn't they kindly gave us a table with a wonderful view of the Amalfi Coast. The food was delicious. The service was exceptional. Definitely one of my favorites restaurants from our trip to the Amalfi Coast.

Venice, California, United States
“Exceptional!!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have been staying at Hotel Giordano for the last 8 days and Villa Maria Restaurant is part of the sister hotel called Hotel Villa Maria. Guests are invited to try dinner at Villa Maria and I cannot stop going back! The views are outstanding overlooking the Amalfi Coast and in addition the staff is exceptional. The food from starters to desert are out of this world! I have not had one item/meal that did not exceed my expectations. I have diet restrictions and they even have a complete GLUTEN FREE menu! In Italy this is unheard of! I am able to eat without worry and the food is exceptional on every level. My sister who I am traveling with does not have diet restrictions and her meals have been in exceptional as well. I would highly recommend Villa Maria Restaurant!