“Lovely spot, lovely lunch”

Villa Maria Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Ravello
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Just finished lunch overlooking the valley. Menu is very complete with many choices. Waiter was attentive without being intrusive and his English was excellent (and he indulged my poor Italian).
I had the Spaghetti alla Nerano (special zucchini sauce - excellent), my companions had a beautiful Beef Salad with parmigiana and an Eggplant Parmigiana.
For dolce we tried a chocolate eggplant specialty and a berry mousse tart. Eggplant didn't work for me but my friend liked it -- berry mousse tart was excellent.
Good place

There are newer reviews for Villa Maria Restaurant

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Was really looking forward to eating here overlooking the valley, arrived to be told all of the seats at the balcony were booked - 4 were empty and a number had people sat hugging a drop of wine in the bottom of a glass without eating all the while we were there - so we got off on a bad start to begin with but our fault really should have booked. We did not bother with starters as did not fancy any of them, I had lamb and my husband had steak which were nice, but all of the side dishes were tepid if not cold. We were so hungry we got on and ate it however when we told the waiter afterwards he said it was our fault and we should have told them earlier!! No one had been near us throughout nor came to ask if all was ok. If we'd have complained our meat would have been cold by the time the new veg came so there was no point. Ok food but I think it gets a lot of business because of the view - if you don't book you may be disappointed and I think the view is the best part of this place. I'd have overlooked the cold veg if we'd have been overlooking their balcony!!

ViPa A, Proprietario at Villa Maria Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

We are pleased to find out the clients appreciated the beautiful view of our Restaurant.
We are very sorry instead for the comment left about the tiepid Veg.
We always suggest our clients to point out any problem to our staff on site – they are always happy to find a solution and grant all the clients’ request. If they only let them know about the tiepid veg, they would have taken all them back (both, lamb and veg) with no risk of getting their lamb cold.
As concerns the people sat hugging wine without eating, these were actually waiting for some friends that, at the ends, did not show up.
Reservation for the restaurant is not mandatory but suggested to grant a nice table with the view.
We hope to meet these clients again and let them have wonderful memories of our Restaurant.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were in Ravello for a long weekend for our friends wedding in May. On our last night we wanted to go for an excellent meal to end an amazing break...... Villa Maria Restaurant certainly met the requirements.
We were shown to our table by a very friendly staff member and were treated very well from there right through to the end. The view at night from under the garden terrace is excellent and very romantic.
On to the food... My wife had the Hake, which she said was very very tasty... our friends had the stuffed Crepes and the vegetarian bean dish of which both were extremely impressed. I had the beef steak........................ I've had a lot of steak through the years, but I can honestly say this was definitely one of the best I have ever had... cooked to perfection!!!!!!!!!
If we were to go back to Ravello, we would definitely eat here agin.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Arrived here on our first day in bright sunshine & sat on the rail overlooking the sea. The food here is not too fussy with excellent pasta & fish.

1  Thank motham
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at Villa Maria for 3 days.Same team provide an informal dining experience on terrace with amazing views,or weather permitting relocate the formal dining room there too.Service was friendly and professional,food good.