“Quintessential amalfi”
other travellers have booked this property
From Entrance View Terrace private
Kitchen
Kitchen View
Exterior
Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Marilyn F
Australia
“Beautiful, but do not recommend for solo females”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

It has taken me a long time to decide to post this rating as I have been in two minds. I then realised that the whole reason for Tripadvisor is to tell the negative as well as the positive.
The cottage views are stunning and the assistance from Anna before I arrived was absolutely fantastic. The cottage did not disappoint with absolutely amazing views overlooking the beautiful Amalfi Coast. It is situated about 8 minutes walk from Minori and for a solo traveller is quite isolated. I had no neighbours around which initially was not a problem. Before renting this apartment I had read all the recommendations on tripadvisor and was pleased with what I read and the support that was offered by the gentleman employed by Anna. Unfortunately I found a quite different experience. Yes he was extremely helpful however was more than friendly and amorous and did not take the word 'no'. It took me some time to get him to leave the apartment. Quite frightening when staying in an isolated position. So I feel it is my duty to let people know that whilst I would highly recommend this accommodation for couples, I would not for a single female traveller. (This means that my ratings are only to fill the required spot.)

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Garth140
Melbourne, Australia
“Quintessential amalfi”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Extraordinary house clinging to cliff above the sea with large garden terrace. Very little incentive to leave since this is the Amalfi experience. Minori is a few minutes walk away with good restaurants. We had a car but would recommend using the SITA buses to travel around - its quicker and more relaxing and very cheap. We drove to Pompeii, but the SITA would have been better.
Franco organised a boat trip to Capri which we were unable to book ourselves, and transfers to Salerno: he provided an unexpected and delightful concierge service.

Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Zingers
“You decide”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

If, like us you want perfect location, perfect view and this all what matters- come here. BUT remember, the maintanence is poor, the WI FI is not working, the water flow in the shower is poor and there is some nose from the road. We hope the housekeeping will improve and we come back

Liked best: Location and view
Liked least: No wifi, no flow in shower tini TV
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31footpri...
Sydney, Australia
“Little gem perched above the sparkling Meditteranean”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

Our six days in "La Clarissa" was the high point of our 2 month stay in Italy. We chose "La Clarissa" based on the reviews and on our previous experience staying in one of the other Gambadella holiday rentals in the area. When Mr Franco showed us into this lovely cottage we were certainly not disappointed. The place was very clean, the bathrooms sparkling, all furnishing new and comfortable, as was the bed, while the decoration was charming and in keeping with the seaside theme. Although in the photos the spiral steps into the living area had appeared somewhat steep I had no difficulty at all in negotiating them to go down into the lower living area - and I am an "older traveller" in my sixties. We also appreciated the spacious storage facilities in the bedroom - we could hang everything we wanted to in the cupboard and there were plenty of shelves to put our clothes on as well.

The icing on the cake, however, was that extraordinary terrace overlooking the rocks and the sea, with the circling of the seagulls below. In the mornings we watched fascinated as the small fishing boats below the cottage were preparing to return home. And it was always a delight for us to return "home" to La Clarissa in order to have our meals on the terrace and then just sit there viewing the different colours of the Mediterranean and the sky and just take in the panoramic view that stretched towards Amalfi in one direction and down towards Salerno in the opposite direction.

I also found the location of the cottage to be relatively quiet, in spite of being just below the main coastal road. I am a light sleeper, however I found no difficulty in sleeping soundly. It was only on the Saturday night that I did notice a slight increase in the usually very light, night-time traffic.

We had no use of a car while at La Clarissa, but found the SITA buses (a stop is very handy close to the front door) more than adequate. On most occasions, however, we were happy to walk along the side of the road down to Minori, which took us about 8 minutes or less.

I do highly recommend this little gem to other travelers. I do hope we ourselves will be able to return again, but for a lot longer stay the next time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was all remarkable.
Liked least: Leaving after only 6 nights.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
mangamgus...
Warwick
“La Dolce Vita”
Reviewed 26 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Sitting in England on a cold February day one tends to read reviews of sunny days and warm nights in Amalfi with a real sense of longing. So it was with such feelings that my wife and I booked a week at La Clarissa in June. Tripadvisor is seldom inaccurate and there was no doubt that we were going somewhere special, but nothing quite prepares you for the gem that this little place is. Perched on the cliffside less than a km from the village of Minori, La Clarissa is ideal for two but can take three at a pinch. Well appointed with comfortable beds,
washing machine and fully equipped kitchen it quickly becomes a home from home. However the star of the show is the terrace .....basically we lived on it for
the whole week. Spacious, wide and sunlit with its own hot shower, barbeque
and a view over the Med to die for.
Minori is a typical Costa Amalfitana village with everything you could possibly need if you're self catering or eating out. Do try the heavenly pasta from Il
Pastaio and don't forget the limoncello from Artigianale Mansi.
Communication with Anna the owner is effortless but the real bonus is Franco who meets you and tells you all you need to know about what to do and where to
get things. Private car parking is nearby at an extra charge and don't worry about
the close proximity of the traffic ....close the windows and turn on the aircon
....the noise reduces totally at night.
Stay there you'll savour every moment!

Liked best: the terrace
Liked least: can't think of anything
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
AZ
Reviewed 13 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Wisedale1...
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful bijoux apartment with stunning panoramic terrace.”
Reviewed 31 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

If you want to experience the Amalfi coast your own way, this is the place to be!
My wife and I took my Mother for her 60th Birthday and we all had an amazing time here. The accommodation is clean, comfortable and well equipped. Then there is the terrace! We're still dreaming about that view! We discovered on day two that the shower behind the pizza oven was heated. Day three, four and five started with warm showers on the terrace looking out over the Tyrrhhenian Sea. Amazing.

Franco is warm and welcoming and helped us with any problems. We also bumped into Anna who is lovely and very helpful.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Other
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing