“Superb, subliminally exotic place to hang with your one and only”

Hotel Palumbo Palazzo Confalone
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Sydney, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,310 helpful votes
“Superb, subliminally exotic place to hang with your one and only”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Every so often,with the emphasis on often,we stay in sumptuous luxury befitting seasoned travels. Such was our discovery this magnificent casa with knock-your-breath-away views. Panorama is easy to use as throw-a-way lines,but this hotel's is the p[erfect panorama,which makes its situation in Ravello a perfect place.
Serenely seated on the terrace, 1000 ft above the town,the whole Amalfi coastline with its sweeping views of mountains and the sea appear almost as if frozen in time... or maybe our receptors are frozen, for the hypnotic allure of this view above the bluest -blue is addiction,at its best.
This picture is framed by purple-glowing bougainvillaea and a fire of geraniums that broker a nexis between the sky and the ocean. The list of guests that have stayed here,makes you treasure the writings of D.H. Lawrance and Andre Gide and the music of Grieg and Wagner were inspired by the town at our feet.
The heart of the place is the historic Palazzo Confalone,where the rooms are opulently and classically furnished with majolica floors and antiques that subsequent owners have collected since the 17th century. the new Casa Palumbo provide a stimulating contrast. Here the rooms are furnished in modern style with fabulous fabrics and designer furniture.
If you can afford it ,or are lucky enough to book a much sought-after room with a balcony or verenda or just a sea view,your rewards will be substantial. Our view came from the restaurant terrace where we we sat in the front row and gazed at the immaculate views of ravello... and in each other's eyes ,naturalment !.
We lunched here but found the dinner pricing to be out of our budgetary consideration. There are so many choices,in town...more then you can shake a culinary stick at

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eli B
marvuille, Responsabile reception at Hotel Palumbo Palazzo Confalone, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Madame,

we thank you very much for your great feedback.
We are pleased to hear the good memories you have of your stay at the Hotel Palumbo.
We look forward to welcome you again in a near future.

yours sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have traveled all over the world from roughing it to first class. I am pretty laid back and understand when mishaps happen. It claims its a 5 star, far from it. The view is incredible but no way a 5 star room , all the rooms are small and outdated. That didn't bother me, they charged me for parking even though it was a shed 25 euros a night, that didn't bother me. Then I asked them if they could wash at most 15 articles of clothing (mainly my 10 month olds clothes) THE BILL WAS $400 euros!!! I was floored, asked to speak to the manger very politely, they told me sorry. I told them there was no way I was paying this without an explanation, they went on to be rude and told me I must not stay at 5 stars often. I laughed and proceeded to ignore their rudeness and again asked to speak to the manager, I was told he was too busy to see me, when I said that I would not pay such an egregious amount, the manger appeared , intimated me in front of my wife and son. I am fairy decently trained in MMA and took all my might not to react to his finger pointing in my face saying I must pay. With respect to my wife and not wanting my son see me get dragged off to an Italian jail. I closed my eyes took a deep breath and paid the bill. Please Revello is amazing but do not stay here, all they complaints about this place are true. I wish I would have listened before booking. Don't stay here its absolutely not worth it. They do not respect the customer when push comes to shove. $400 euros for one load of laundry!!!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!! Life is too short to get hung up on such petty things. I never write reviews but todays events were totally out of control I would not wish this to anybody. I hope this review helps.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
31 Thank Austin M
marvuille, Owner at Hotel Palumbo Palazzo Confalone, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Sir,

We are very upset for the comments you made about our hotel and regret very much for what happened with your laundry. You probably did not realize the quantity of pieces you gave to wash. The first time you gave 24 pieces and the second time 43, the cost for your washing came to € 118.00 for the first lot and € 242.00 for the second one. In consideration of the amount of clothes washed we gave you a discount of € 110.00 on the total amount.
The two amounts on your bill were € 90.00 for the first lot and 160.00 for the second one.
We believe that the girl at the reception was not clear enough explaining the situation and brought you to get upset, we apologise for this terrible mishap and hope you accept our sincere excuses, and hope to see you back at the Palumbo in the near future.
Kindest regards.
canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This quaint hotel was a deal with the booking we made through luxury link. The staff were very accommodating and friendly, and the breakfasts were delicious! The view from the private balcony off of our room was incredible! This was one of the most wonderful places I have ever been.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClaireMW
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Excellent place to stay. There is a restaurant on the premises, as well as a bar. You cannot go wrong if you chose the Tower. The Tower room has a beautiful patio with an awesome view. The hotel is close to all the shops and plenty of restaurants. If you are looking for an out of this world dining experience, dine at Rossillini's next door to Hotel Palumbo.

Room Tip: The Tower Room is an excellent choice, it has a nice patio with a stunning view from high above. You...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shelly10766
Hammond, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Palumbo September 2013. It is an absolutely beautiful elegant hotel in the heart of Ravello. The room was very comfortable with a large nice bath and a private terrace. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had breakfast there and it was fine but very expensive.
There is a great restaurant just a short walk across the piazza called Vittoria, I believe.
The only con was a very hard mattress.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandybaham
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We booked a room in September 2013 to attend a wedding. We were upgraded to an amazing room with sea view. The hotel is a well kept palazzo with breathtaking views of the coast. It is located close to Duomo and has a very convenient parking. Room was well decorated and had the feeling and aura of nostalgia. Breakfast is served at the hotel's main restaurant where the view is simply amazing. Overall a great service from the people at reception. Wife is coeliac and iff given notice they can accommodate that in both breakfast and dinner.

Room Tip: Room 50 is located on top floor of the Palazzo, great views, bed looks straight to the coast.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank solotsopa
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 September 2013

After reading many reviews, some good, some bad, we had no expectations when we checked into Hotel Palumbo. We were greeted warmly by Francesca at the front desk and every minute was magical from the moment on. We had booked a junior suite in the older part of the building with a sweet patio, and a private lounge area. The view down to the coast and out to the mountains was nothing short of spectacular. Our visit was timed perfectly with the full moon and when it climbed over the mountains to create a moonglade over the sea below, we were awestruck.

The rooms were small, but very comfortable. They were clean and the pillows and mattresses were great for weary travelers. The breakfasts were an excellent start to the day and the wait staff was extremely courteous.

I've read complaints about the fact that this property has no pool, but my response is, so what? I didn't travel 14 hours to spend my time in a pool. The gardens were lush and well maintained.

All this said, we were traveling with a friend whose room was extremely small. We referred to it as "the hobbit hole." But he was able to share plenty of time with us on our terrace and that made up for the inadequacy of his space. So, if you want a room with a view, book one of the suites. They cost more, but they are well worth it.

Room Tip: Book a junior suite, spend the money for the view. It is worth it. Plus, it was extremely quiet an...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenny H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravello
Belmond Hotel Caruso
Hotel Parsifal Antico Convento del 1288
Santa Caterina Hotel
Santa Caterina Hotel
#1 of 29 in Amalfi

Been to Hotel Palumbo Palazzo Confalone? Share your experiences!