Villa Cimbrone Hotel
US$276
US$255
US$2,133
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinfinity terracemichelin staramalfi coastopen to the publicfairy taledream weddingwedding venuehotel guestsbeautiful placeviews are stunningdream come truea special placeluxury hoteltown squarepool area isjunior suitebeautiful room
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I returned to Villa Cimbrone in September 12 and was greeted with the breath-taking view looking over the Terrace of Infinity at the Tyrrhenian Sea and the valley below. The wisteria had finished flowering over the avenue of Immensity - however I captured a hint of mauve reflecting down on the path in my photos. I enjoyed lunch in the garden - eating a magnficent caprese salad washed down with a glass of Prosecco. This place is heaven. The air is so pure. I had a swim in the pool and the pool assistant was so nice. You must visit this place at least once in your life

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
jackfly35, Direttore at Villa Cimbrone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We appreciate your kind words regarding our gardens, structure and restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the vibrant atmosphere of our 12th century residence very soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights and celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. We renewed our vows. We had been here for our 20th, and if able will keep coming back. It is simply the most beautiful place we've ever been to. The service was also perfect, and I couldn't say more about the event staff. If you want to have a romantic get-a-way, for any occasion this is the place to go.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ira z

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for publishing your positive review.

We are very glad that you have chosen our Hotel to celebrate your 30th wedding anniversary and have appreciated the enchantment of this place.

We try to improve the quality of our services every day to make our customers satisfied with their choice.

Hoping to welcome you back soon, we send you our best regards.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed two unbelievable nights in this first class property situated amidst the tranquil Cimbrone Gardens high above the Amalfi Coast. I was carrying an engagement ring in my suitcase looking for the perfect spot. I knew immediately when I walked in the dor of the Villa Cimbrone that this would be the place to remember for a lifetime. Lidia and her staff immediately helped me make the arrangements, told me ablout the perfect place in the gardens, arranged for a champagne toast afterwards, and then had a table with the perfect view waiting for dinner. This is a first class hotel in a beautiful place. But, as I have learned after many years of traveling the people make the place. From Lorenzo who picked up our luggage on the piazza, to Lidia who arranged our stay, to Diego who took care of us at dinner, the people were awesome. We will go back after the wedding to stay again.

Room Tip: There are only 19 rooms at the hotel. All seem to be very well situated.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and have chosen the enchantment of our Hotel and gardens to make perfect your engagement.

We are glad that you appreciated to create relationships with some of our employees.

We look forward to welcoming you again, maybe for your honeymoon.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

My wife, 3 year old son and parents recently stayed for an incredibly wonderful 4 nights at this stunning establishment.

I used to be inclined to the view that a hotel is just where you sleep for the night and it's better to save money for other aspects of the holiday, such as dining, sightseeing and shopping. The beautiful Villa Cimbrone has shown me how wrong I was. From the moment we arrived, after a stressful and long overland journey from Siena, I felt cosseted, welcome and full of life and joy.

The walk up the hill from Ravello was easier than we expected (even for my 70-something mum and dad; who are probably fitter than me anyway!) and upon entering the reception area it was instantly forgotten. Reception is just beautiful.

The buildings and grounds are spectacular, as we had anticipated from pictures we had seen in coffee-table books. The rooms are superb, full of character, impeccably clean and spacious - and the view from our private terrace was heaven-sent.

Perhaps surprisingly, for a hotel with such an amazing location and architectural beauty, the staff are simply magnificent. I have stayed in places with great physical attributes that seem to assume that the quality of service is secondary. Not so at Villa Cimbrone.

The staff were genuinely warm, good humoured and always helpful and accommodating. They remembered our names, preferences (wine and food for instance) and personally packed and couriered some excess purchases back home for us. They were such a gracious and caring team and we owe them a great, great debt for providing us with such a wonderful experience.

The food and wine was outstanding. Ravello has some fine places to dine - some of which we were very pleased to savour - but we kept on coming back for the food and local vino at the Villa's terrace and the exceptional restaurant; Il Flauto di Pan. We had recently eaten at a Michelin 2 star in Paris (which was superb of course) but thought the food here in the restaurant was in the same echelon. And the incredible service matched it too.

After all of this, I have not even mentioned the magnificent gardens. They are a delight! If you go, try to see them at various times of the day to appreciate the difference in the light and scents. The infinity terrace is a must, as is the incredible cafe/bar below it; which must have the best view on the Amalfi coast. If you can't handle the vertiginous view below the cafe/bar (I struggled), then head for the sprawling lawn area with draped tables overlooking the sea. For the price of a round of drinks we were handsomely rewarded with bowls of the best olives I have ever eaten (possibly from the gardens?), pistachios and peanuts.

We will certainly return to this piece of paradise.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 4 September 2012

You can compare this beautiful personal and friendly Hotel to Claridges, Hotel Splendido, The Taj in Bombay, Raffles and even the Oberio in Rajastan for breathtaking beauty and a fabulous position, the gardens and pool are second to none and having stayed in the other Ravello 5 star hotels it is old money chic. The world class restaraunt and staff are wonderful and very reasonable for lunch with a good assortment of local and international wine.
We stayed stayed 7 nights a family of 4 and were initially put in the smallest suite i have ever seen ( spiral staircase) with a bathroom the size of a WC no bath and the room had a slanted roof placed in the eves for 800 euro's a night ( Special offer!). We live in an Italian Villa and are familiar with querky layouts in old houses. The front desk manager after a polite debate eventually moved us to the empty Garbo suite for 4 nights which was wonderful. We were then asked to move in to two rooms one tiny one for the girls and a garden view for my wife and I which we agreed only to discover there were people booking cheaper advertised single or two night stays last minute with large sea view rooms on the internet. It strikes me the front desk manager should have looked after us we had no complaints. She should have thought longer term we were prime customers who would come back many times and recommend the hotel so at 800 euro's a night why not look after the client and get repeat business. We were already in love with the hotel but an element of trust has gone. This was our 4 th visit to Ravello in 5 years last time with four couples. When booking clarify your room is my advice I just dont want the hassle. The rest of the staff are really very friendly and so willing to help. It costs a fortune to attract a client but not much to lose one so please sort out your room allocations and look after guests who have extended stays and are likely to return year after year. It's not complicated the hotel business but what do we know! I trust the owner reads this and acts to change attitudes perhaps it is the reason the hotel had empty rooms in prime August time on a fire sale? Everything else is perfect and you would be hard pushed to find a more breathtaking place anywhere in the World.Ormerod family UK.

Room Tip: Dont book the spiral staircase whatever the tell you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
19  Thank Mark O
jackfly35, Direttore generale at Villa Cimbrone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Dear Mr. Ormerod,
We would like to thank you for the review written on Tripadvisor, even if it is sad for us to learn your very negative opinion about our handling your stay at our property.
We assure you that, every day, my staff and I work with passion, expertise and overall with heart in order to extend to our clients a memorable stay and I am sure that a misunderstanding occurred.
I have been reported that the Junior Suite assigned (38qm) was the one bespoken at the time of the booking, according to your needs to accommodate your family all together. All our rooms are different from each other.
Another Junior Suite with frescoes ceiling has been offered to you, but even this seemed not to like you and, as during your stay our hotel was already quite fully booked, we could not offer you more than we have done to meet your expectations.
As for the mention to people booking cheaper, we would like to remark that, our Hotel has only 19 rooms with about 57 employers to ensure the quality of service that also you have recognized and we cannot afford to have empty rooms; therefore it can likely happen to find the last available rooms at a more convenient rate.
Villa Cimbrone is a Historical 12th century villa and together with the gardens a Monumental Site, protected by the Minister of Culture and National Patrimony of “Unesco”, it is with big efforts that we survive, considering that any handout is recognized neither from the Italian Government nor the CEE.
We would be really happy to get the chance to welcome you back to Villa Cimbrone to make you feel our hospitality and care we replace to our affectionate guests who return from year to year.