Villa Cimbrone Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsinfinity terracemichelin staramalfi coastopen to the publicfairy taledream weddingwedding venuehotel guestsbeautiful placeviews are stunningdream come truea special placeluxury hoteltown squarepool area isjunior suitebeautiful room
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Mind blowing! We took a self guided tour of this wonderful estate and everywhere we looked was paradise. Definitely a place to go if you want to feel alive, and were questioning what life is all about.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RonaldR1
Reviewed 2 October 2009

My fiancé and I were really looking forward to hosting our wedding at the beautiful gardens at Villa Cimbrione. We hired a wedding planner, florist, photographer, musical guest and to our dismay no one from outside the “managements” approved list would be permitted. We now have other plans at a more suitable “approvable” venue.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LilBertha
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Let me start with saying that we're not going to have our wedding in Cimbrone but elsewhere. Nevertheless I wanted to share our experience with this venue, since it was quite the unexpected turn off for us. We had seen the villa's website and had fallen in love with the place. Sadly though, when we visited Cimbrone to discuss details, we found out that none of the suppliers we had so carefully picked (florist, photographer, musicians) were allowed in the villa by the remarkably strict, and quite unhelpful manager Paola. We were only allowed to use the suppliers she suggested, for reasons that I still find quite obscure. Needless to say the suppliers we had personally selected were all esteemed professionals from the area who have been working in the field for years.

The long and quite steep walk to reach the place was quite the turn off too. You can only get there by foot, and it's really quite far from the main square, which nobody had mentioned to us. Luckily we hadn't booked or paid deposit yet, so we gladly chose another venue in Ravello, just as beautiful, closer to the main square, and with a much more welcoming and helpful staff.

At the end of the day it was no big deal, and we understand venues have some rules, and we were ready to accept the time limit and such, but I found it quite unfair of a venue manager to tell the bride and groom what they can and cannot do in that fashion. Also, considering Cimbrone's prices I really feel they should be more flexible.

In other words the management's attitude really spoiled the romantic atmosphere for us, and made us look elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank romanholiday122
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Me and my wife decided to have our wedding in Ravello then the wedding reception at Villa Cimbrone, we was not disappointed at all, the venue was just breath taking and photos really does this stunning gem no justice.
The service was fab, the food was amazing on the night every one was happy and with many different tastebuds this suprised me the most.
The staff really could not do enough for us or any other member of our party.
I can not recomend this hotel enough, you really do have to visit villa cimbrone to really understand it beauty.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank juskel
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We fell in love with the Villa Cimbrone on a walking holiday 2 years ago. We stumbled into the garden after a swaty walk up from Amalfi, and saw them setting up for someone else's wedding. this sowed the seed for our wedding plans in May this year.
The team at the Villa, especially Marie Antonetta was very helpful in teh 2 years leading up to the wedding with good email communication.
I also used a brilliant couple who are wedding organisers in the region called La Calla. Marianna and Laura were fantastic in helping us arrange everything by email before the big day. I would really recommend people use them as it eased the stress by 99% and we were in safe hands! Priest, Music, flowers, hairdresser and makeup artist were all sorted...with one of them accomanying me to translate as neither of us are fluent in Italian.They also delt with all the offical paperwork before, so all we had to do was arrive a week before and finalise a few things.
We ate our wedding meal a few days before, and had great help from Antonio the head wine waiter to choose which wines to have at the wedding.
It made us realise that 5 courses were not needed, as we had been lead to believe from trip advisor chatrooms. In the end we had to ask the chef to make each course smaller so people could enjoy themselves. To anyone thinking of having a wedding dinner there -4 courses is more than adequate.
We stayed at the Villa Cimbrone for the night before the wedding until the 2nd day of our honeymooon. The hotel is 1st class. Nothing was too much trouble, and our stay seemed effortless.
Some of the ladies behind the scenes helped Iron my wedding dress on the day of the wedding. Their kindness will always stay with me..
Our room was amazing, but we had splashed out on the suite Camilla!
we got back to our room on the wedding night to find some of our wedding flowers had been moved in along with a bottle of bubbly on ice for us!
On the day our wedding was magical. The tearoom area in the garden was festooned with flowers and all the guests had a fabulous time.
The gardens are stunningly beautiful, so we have great pictures to show for our day. Post wedding cocktails and 'nibbles' in the garden were all included in the service....nibbles included a whole parmesan cheese, a whole leg of parma ham carved on request, and tray after tray of hot and cold yummy finger food.....all before a fantastic 5 course meal!!!
The wine was delicious and the guests drank with gusto.
The meal seemed unrushed with time between each course.
Sadly I was too busy dancing after the cake cutting to get to eat any of the cake, but apparently it was delicious ...and boozy!
The only sadness was it was all over at midnight. This is understandable as there are other guests in the hotel, but to all brides and grooms to be -the day goes in a flash!
We have the most magical memories of our time with the the team at the Villa Cimbrone. I cannot recommend them enough to anyone considering getting married in such a stunning place.
If you donet believe us you can see the photos of the day at:
www.sorchahollowayphotography.com and go to my images. You will see a photo of a couple with on a balcony with the sea behind us...Imogen & George ...thats us. There are over 400 pics to look at so I would skim through if I was you, but I think you will see that is was the most amazing day for us.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple