“Worth the effort!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Ravello
More attraction details
Owner description: While walking this scenic route between Ravello and Minori you can view, from vantage points atop cliffs, in gardens or roadways, sweeping vistas along the seacoast.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We spent a week in Minori and I regularly walked the stairs up to Ravello and back down to Minori. It took me approximately 40 minutes to walk up and 20 minutes to walk down. Once i got to Ravello I was able to induldge in a guilt free treat!

2  Thank LisaDL
in 13 reviews
"steps"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband and my sister and brother-in-law all did this trip down and up (we were staying in Ravello) in about 2 hours. It was long and sweaty, and I'm glad I can say I conquered it, but there were some scary barking dogs along the way and minori was nothing special. Spend your time at Villa Cimbrone, or do a village to village walk instead.

1  Thank CTFamilyFive
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am 38 and not an exerciser, but not in terrible pathetic shape, either. The steps down to Amalfi from Ravello are deep. Something about the depth of those steps worked out muscles I don't use while sitting at my desk, apparently. I was fine during the walk and the next day. 2 days later, the horrific thigh muscle pain set in while we were in Paris -- felt like everywhere we went had a million steps. Ha! We laughed about it then and now. That being said, my husband is 56 and he was unscathed, but did gripe about the heat.

1  Thank Jenjohnson72019
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Dear People, wherever you may be, at some point in your lives go to Italy and head straight for the south, very near Naples and the delicately overpowering Amalfi coast. I had taken a plane to Naples, then a van to Castellamare di Stabia. From there we were taken all over the Amalfi coast. Ravello, was the most captivating place. Why? Have you ever been some place and felt like it was a utopia? That's why. I didn't see very much, but what I did see was all I needed: very high atop a mountain, I strolled through the lovely, flowered gardens and stopped at the edge to be overwhelmed by the piercing blue of the sea, which on the horizon, met with an equally piercing blue of the sky. There were villages below among the rocks and the lush vegetation. I left only because my life was elsewhere. Dear People, this is what I felt and what I still feel today. Should you go and have a very different experience, all I can say is that your utopia lies elsewhere.

3  Thank Diana C