“Fabulous Selection of Ceramics”

Ceramiche d'Arte Carmela
Ranked #6 of 36 things to do in Ravello
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I drooled the whole time I spent here: fabulous designs and colors to tempt the buyer -- and they ship to the U.S. Since Ravello is such a memorable town, this is the place to buy a souvenir to bring back memories of the town, its people and its treasures.

1  Thank sippiwisett

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was in Ravello two years ago, at that time I purchased pottery to be shipped home to the US. I have enjoyed it every since. Just recently, I emailed Roberta about getting some more pieces. She emailed me pictures of the pieces I was inquiring about within days. After we had the entire transaction settled, I could not believe the package was at my front door within a week!!! Anyone who has every had anything shipped from Italy knows how quick that is. Thank you Roberta, I cannot wait to visit you in person again.

2  Thank Pamela D
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was my second trip to the store. Went about 3 years ago and came back with such wonderful serving trays and bowls that I still use and cherish today, that on my return trip in September, I had to return. I went with some friends this time and we both bought a lot of different pieces and therefore qualified for free shipping.

The items arrived a few weeks after we returned and sadly, one of the large, gorgeous pasta bowls I purchased was cracked and broken during shipping. At first I thought it might be hard to get this problem resolved with me being here in the U.S. and them being in Ravello, but nope, not a problem. Roberta from the store and I conversed about this over email and the problem was quickly and so friendly resolved that I am one happy customer.

All that aside, the pieces and selection in the store are just astounding...you're only problem will be trying to figure out what to buy when you want to buy everything.

I will return again and hope you will make a point of stopping here while on the Amalfi coast.

1  Thank XOITALY
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had looked at a number of ceramic shops during our Amalfi area visit, and found this shop to have a great selection, and great service. Our umbrella stand arrived home in South Carolina about a week after us, in perfect condition.

2  Thank Michael O
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Let's just leave it at that I bought a service for eight of pasta bowls and flat plates to match. I mixed it up and this past Sunday we had our first Sunday Sauce on them. Alfonso and Carmela couldn't be nicer and very professional. When we arrived home our purchase was waiting for us! Couldn't be happier.

2  Thank Florrie315