“Honeymoon at Villa Maria - the real Dolce Vita!”
Review of Villa Maria Hotel

Villa Maria Hotel
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My new husband and I caught wind of Villa Maria from the show David Rocco's Dolce Vita on the Cooking Channel and decided to go there for our honeymoon - it was everything I imagined! It was exactly like the show and they really did treat us like family! The view of the vista was gorgeous, the food and service were incredible. It was one of the most romantic places I have ever been - HIGHLY recommended!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 October 2010

Our stay here was completely relaxing with superb food served in the terrace restaurant. Although our room was not in the main house, and required climbing and descending sets of steps and stairs, it was well worth the effort. The room was delightful with a beautiful terrace overlooking the valley and sea.
The staff were lovely and very helpful with any arrangements we requested.
This is a venue for a quiet stay as it is located away from the centre of the town and yet is accessable by foot to the centre.
The pool and beauty salon is situated about five minutes away at a sister hotel.
Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Villa Maria was a hotel that was recommended to us from a couple that got married there years ago. It was wonderful. We had a beautiful view from our balcony overlooking the amalfi coast and mountains. We also had the pleasure of seeing Andrea Bocelli perform in the next town over in a small piazza. We also went to the Spa and had massages. They have many festivals in the piazza in Ravello so there is always something going on. The owner was very nice and helpful to us when we needed something or somewhere to go. I have celiac disease, which is a gluten free diet and they accommodated me in breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They had pasta, muffins, cookies, everrything to make me feel comfortable.

I give it a 2 thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I have just returned from a short stay in Ravello with my father and 17 year old brother. We were all charmed by the atmosphere in the town and furthermore with the hotel. Set in beautiful location and staffed by a polite, hospitable team, our holiday was made truely unforgettable. The decor is mostly antique, and the interiors are kept immaculate. This is a perfect hotel if you are wanting a relaxing holiday. Ideal location for exploring more popular areas such as Amalfi, Positano and Capri.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I spent two weeks in Ravello this Spring at the beautiful Hotel Villa Maria and would highly recommend it. The hotel has the feeling of a grand old home --Its elegant but very relaxed at the same time so you can really relax and feel at ease and on vacation. The hotel and its outdoor area are both beautiful to look at--- very well kept and there's a real easy sensuality about the place.
The views overlooking the spectacular Amalfi coast are breathtaking especially from the terrace restaurant. I could have spent the entire time just sitting on their terrace restaurant. The food is to die for--some of it from their own gardens, and typical of Amalfi and Neopolitan fare. There is a sister hotel about a ten minute walk away with a pool if you are so inclined.
The hotel is family owned and run going back several generations so there is a sense of real pride in the place. And the owners are present, but never overbearing. Its very beautiful and easy going. Ravello is a great base from which to explore the gorgeous Amalfi region.. close to the Amalfi beach, Positano and so much more.. And the staff is very helpful in directing you. I will go back to Hotel Villa Maria as soon as I can.. I can't say enough about how much I loved it there. Maybe my best vacation ever!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Villa Maria is our favorite restaurant-hotel on the Amalfi coast. The food, service and views are phenomenal but best of all is the hospitality. You will feel like family. We come every year and feel like we are returning to our vacation home. Villa Maria in Ravello is far away from the other bustling tourist locations on the Amalfi coast, such as Positano, Amalfi, and Capri. It is truly a peaceful of slice of heaven where each guest will feel valued. If you have the opportunity to meet the owner Vicenzo Palumbo, you will be delighted. He is known by the locals as "a man with his feet on the ground" I can think of no greater complement, for a kind humble man who has worked a lifetime to provide hospitality to others.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I've been to this hotel several times over the past 10 years and couldn't imagine going any where else in the area. The food and service is exceptional and the location with the stunning views is second to none. It is excellent value when compared to other hotels in the area. Villa Maria is family run and they also allow you to use the pool and spa of their other hotel which is a two minute walk and is called Hotel Giordano. I've recommended this hotel to many of my friends and family and they have all had similar experiences. I can say now that when I go, I feel I'm visiting family!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends