“An ideal place for an Event.”

Belmond Hotel Caruso
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
San Francisco, California
“An ideal place for an Event.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I came here for the wedding of a friend in June. It was truly amazing. Ravello is a beautiful city on the Amalfi Cost. However, the sea is not really closed. The view on the bay, the service. Everything. May be just a little expensive. But I am not really sure...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PaulLarmond
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for sharing this great review on Tripadvisor.

It makes me happy to discover that you appreciated our service and that you consider Belmond Hotel Caruso a perfect location for an event.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the spectacular views from the lovely town Ravello which is situated 365 meters above the sea level and perfectly connected to Amalfi and Positano through our complimentary shuttle bus.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Franco Girasoli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for our 30th wedding anniversary and booked months in advance. The welcome was efficient and we were shown our sea view junior suite very promptly. It had a lounge dining area and large bedroom but the sea view was from a terrace outside the room which was overlooked by the restaurant diners. We asked to change and eventually they found a suite one floor up which did have a sea view terrace viewable from the bed, but the room was smaller and eaved. Even so we preferred it. They threw in a free dinner to cheer us up.
Lunch by the pool was lovely and the gardens/grounds very pretty. This hotel has the best sea views in the town. The main square is only a 10 minute walk away and a Catholic festival with music and fireworks made our stay there even more special.
On balance we felt the hotel was far too overpriced for the quality of the rooms and we should have selected a double bedroom instead of a suite, or stayed at the hotel next door.
so we asked to change

Room Tip: The double bedrooms with arched windows and tiny balconies are probably best value for money.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jonathan c
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your comment on Tripadvisor.

I am more than happy to discover that you enjoyed your lunch by the pool as well as our pretty gardens and our amazing views.

It makes me sad to hear that you did not remain completely satisfied with your suite which is usually so highly appreciated by our guests. We always try our best to suit all individual wishes of our clients and I am sorry that we were unable to do so in your case.

As for our pricing please kindly consider all our benefits included in the room prices, as our full America breakfast buffet, our complimentary shuttle service to Amalfi and Positano and one complimentary two hours boat trip along the Amali Coast.

We do hope to welcome you back soon to Belmond Hotel Caruso.

Best regards from Ravello

Durham
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

If I could rate this hotel 11/10 I would. This was our first taste of 1st class luxury and I don't think this experience will ever be topped. From the moment we walked in we were treated like a king and queen. Our bags were swiftly taken to our rooms while we were shown round the beautifull historic roman pallazo . Our room was simply beautifull with a king size bed,spectacular views of Italy and a stylish yet comfortable bathroom complete with robes,slippers and every luxury u could imagine u couldn't have wanted for anything . It had shampoo cotton wool,cotton buds nail care kit shoe buffer ,the list is endless. We then made our way to the infinity pool,which is rated no 17 out 50 best infinity pools in the world, and you can see why. The view is absolutely breathtaking and you could never got bored of it. The sun loungers weren't sun loungers they were single beds and all your sunbathing towels were provided. As I said earlier all of this is new to me so this may well happen in plenty of hotels all over the world but the staff made it seem extra special because they were so genuinely freindly and happy to help. We went to dinner the first night which was exceptional . I don't think the restaurant is Michelin starred but it was absolutely master chef quality with that kind of flare and again the waiters were more than helpfull with their wine suggestins and going one step further buy explaining how the wine was made and where it was made. The rest if the holiday was just an absolute dream . You had the option to have your breakfast in bed and there was no limit to what u could order and how much and they didn't bother u too come and collect the dishes which meant u could pick for as long as you wanted and it was exquisite !!! There are no words to explain the hotel,the people,the food just be rest assured this hotel is a once in a lifetime place , something to tick of your bucket list .

• Stayed July 2014
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Sirs,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to share this amazing review on Tripadvisor.

I am so proud to read all your words full of praise and it makes me so happy to discover that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us.

My staff and I do hope to welcome you back soon to Belmond Hotel Caruso – to make you feel again like a king and queen!

Warmest regards from Ravello,

Bryn Mawr, PA
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The Hotel Caruso, perched at the very top of the gorgeous town of Ravello, is simply magnificent and worth every penny (and you will spend plenty of them). It's a bucket list place: if you have the opportunity and wherewithal to stay here, do so -- you won't regret it. The service is beyond anything we have experienced; the staff are completely sincere in telling you they are at your disposal. Views are indescribably beautiful. We wanted to sit on our balcony and never look away. Interestingly, the pool, which features prominently in the hotel's publicity, is not as impressive in person as it appears in pictures, and only a handful of lounge chairs are available by it -- most of them are situated on adjacent lawns, which are actually prettier than the pool area itself. There is a very busy lunch restaurant immediately by the pool, so we preferred our quieter chairs away from the center of the action.

Our room was gorgeous, though not nearly as opulent as some, and its highlight was the bathroom downstairs featuring a huge arched window over the bathtub with the same panoramic view as our balcony. Fortunately, we had a second powder room on the upper floor as well.

The only slight negative element of our stay was that our room was not as quiet as it might have been. We were kept awake until the wee hours one night by a very noisy party. Other than that, though, it would be difficult to improve upon our experience at Caruso.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrynMawrBK
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Sirs,

On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to share this fantastic review on Tripadvisor.

I am very delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service even exceeded your expectations.

As for the noises which disturbed the usual silence at the Caruso please accept my sincere apologies.

I would be more than pleased to welcome you back soon to Ravello.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had the most amazing experience with my family at this magnificent hotel. The staff was truly wonderful. Right from the front desk staff, the pool staff, to the folks at the Belvedere, you guys are stars! We have stayed in some really nice hotels, but Belmond Caruso tops every other hotel I have stayed at. Amazing views from the infinity pool and our room. Beautiful grounds and Spacious rooms. Room Service was excellent. We travelled with our 8 year old daughter who has food allergies and hence a picky eater. Giovanni at the Belvedere was extremely considerate and understanding. My daughter still remembers Giovanni and Alfonso.:) We stayed there for 5 nights and everyone seemed to know us by the end of our stay. We miss you guys at Belmond. I was truly sad to leave Ravello. Apart from the beauty of the place, you all made our trip to Italy unforgettable with your warmth. Thank You! We will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Sirs,

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing review on Tripadvisor.

I am really proud to read your amazing words you found for our staff who are indeed so passionate about their work and I am more than happy that you felt so welcome at Belmond Hotel Caruso.

Giovanni and Alfonso also remember very well your daughter and send her a big hug!

My staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ravello soon.

Warmest regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ravello is a getaway from the hustle/bustle touristy sections of the Amalfi Coast. It is smaller, quieter, cleaner, and has a romantic feel throughout the small city. Hotel Caruso was the perfect choice for a relaxing end to our honeymoon. It's a bit older and historic-feeling, but a clean and impeccably-landscaped property.

First - and most obvious - is the infinity pool view. We spent many hours lounging by the pool, taking in the incredible scenery. Second, the pizza at the pool "snack bar" was the best we had in Ravello - the food in general was great! Last, the room we got was amazing. It was like an entire apartment, with a private patio area and garden, lounge chairs,a big jacuzzi tub, big mini bar. Our first night the staff laid rose petals down and votive candles everywhere, creating a perfect atmosphere.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill W
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Sirs,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

I am so delighted to read all your words full of praise for the beautiful town Ravello and Belmond Hotel Caruso and it makes me happy to hear that were able to make your honeymoon an unforgettable experience.

My staff and I would love to welcome you back soon to Ravello!

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is the definition of 5 star service. Incredibly gorgeous property, spacious rooms, and delicious food and wine. This is where you must stay! The infinity pool is gorgeous, and the bar patio next to it is just divine to relax at. We were sad to leave!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenesaisquoiV
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Sirs,

On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for sharing this amazing review on Tripadvisor.

I am more than please to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay at Belmond Hotel Caruso and would be glad to welcome you back soon.

Franco Girasoli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ravello
Palazzo Avino
#3 of 39 in Positano
Le Sirenuse Hotel
Le Sirenuse Hotel
#5 of 39 in Positano

Been to Belmond Hotel Caruso? Share your experiences!