Let me start by saying that I have stayed at this hotel 3 times and every time was perfecto! I have been to Italy no less than 10 times and lived there for a summer and have traveled all around and stayed MANY places. Ravello is by far my favorite town. The view is breathtaking, it is not very touristy and I hope it stays that way (probably because it is a little more remote to get to) and the highlight of the town for me is the Hotel Caruso.
Now I might be biased because I got married in Ravello in May and most of my wedding guests stayed at the Hotel Caruso with us, but even on my stays without the group the service and amenities were amazing. If by chance you are considering doing an event at the hotel, I recommend it 100%. I had my rehearsal dinner here and they made it feel like my wedding! I feel like Tiziana is family to me. She was in charge of making sure everything about the rehearsal dinner, brunch, lunches, etc. and care of our guests went off without a glitch. I can’t give enough praise to her and the staff of this hotel and how well they take care of each and every guest. Even during my stays when I wasn’t there with a group, they exceeded my expectations of what a 5 star hotel should be. The food they prepare is fabulous! All the restaurants are great. A really nice feature about the hotel is the 2nd floor bar. They have a room that most nights has someone playing the piano, often until well after midnight. All of the staff go majorly out of their way to make you happy. I don't know how they do it, they're up at the crack of dawn greeting you with a smile and many of the same people are still there well after midnight making sure everything you need is taken care of.
Something I think worth noting is that since the hotel isn’t too large (less than 50 rooms) you really feel like you have the run of the house. While it is a “Leading Hotel of the World”, it is not stuffy in anyway. It has a relaxed elegance about it.
ROOMS: Each room is different and beautiful in its own way, which adds to the charm. Since I had a large group there I saw at least half of the rooms and really, there isn’t a bad room in the house. Even the 5 rooms on the garden side that don’t face the water are beautiful and very big and have great outdoor terraces and huge bathrooms. I actually really liked them because they had their own private entrance so you felt a bit more special. The rooms are all decorated in soft colors, not gaudy at all. The 2 best features of the rooms (besides the views) were the bathrooms were HUGE (separate shower & tub, all beautiful marble) and they have an outlet in the wall by the desk that has an American plug where you can plug anything American directly into it without an adaptor or converter (hairdryer, flat iron, computer, the wattage/volts didn’t matter). I’ve also stayed at the Palazzo Sasso next door which is also very nice, but their rooms don’t compare to the Hotel Caruso. The Villa Fraulo and Palazzo Sasso are the 2 next best places to stay. Again, I checked out most of the hotels prior to my wedding. This hotel is the largest hotel in Ravello, as far as restaurants, pool, property grounds, meeting space, rooms, but it still feels very intimate. It is spread out in such a way that wherever you are, it feels very private.
1) Eat lunch by the infinity pool at the Caruso, the view is extra breathtaking and the pizza is to die for.
2) Get in the pool, they don’t get much better than this, or at least take a picture in front of it.
3) Walk the gardens below the Hotel Caruso, wonderful sights and smells
4) The hotel has a free boat that will pick you up in Amalfi and cruise along the coast to see the pretty sights.
5) Visit the Villa Cimbrone, the walk is about 15 minutes and not that bad, you can stop along the way at a café or restaurant. The view is the best in Ravello and I think best on earth. Eat a meal there if you can, the food is incredible.
6) Take a cooking class at Mama Agata’s.
7) Eat at Palazzo Sasso hotel’s Michelin Star restaurant – treat yourself!
8) Have a drink in Ravello’s town square and just observe & relax!
9) Bring your walking shoes, the town is small and once you are there you don’t drive or take taxis.
I LOVE this hotel and plan on going back to stay in Ravello for many anniversary. It is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle, eat great food and just sit back & relax and enjoy the breathtaking views. Feel free to contact me with any questions (especially if you want to know about local vendors), I could go on and on about this little piece of heaven on earth forever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Hotel Caruso is located in a former 11th century palace in charming Ravello, perched on a clifftop overlooking the spectacular Amalfi Coast. It boasts 50 splendidly restored rooms, of which 27 suites and 23 double rooms. Each room has its unique style and most boast a stunning sea view and private garden or terrace. Dining facilities include the Belvedere Restaurant with an elegant indoor dining room, an outdoor terrace adorned with ancient columns and an alfresco area close to the pool. It offers a superb selection of delicious Mediterranean food. The Pool Restaurant serves informal luncheons and drinks, as well as a salad buffet and original Neapolitan Pizza cooked in front of guests. Pizza-making lessons are also available. The Cocktail and Piano Bar is located on the first floor of the main building, decorated with original 18th century frescoes. Guests can swim in the incredible infinity swimming pool, seemingly suspended between sea and sky, join the Head Gardner for a special tour of the terraced gardens, relax with a signature treatment at the wellness centre or work out at the gym with a view of the coast. A complimentary shuttle service to Amalfi and Positano and a daily complimentary boat excursion along the coast during summer months are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Destinology, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmond Hotel Caruso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.