Graal Hotel Ravello
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$393
US$187
US$168
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ristorante Garden(Ravello)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$254
Travelocity
US$221
US$213
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdel morothe busamalfi coastbreakfast roomstunning viewshotel poolupgraded roomthe main squarenice pooltown squarefriendly hotelsmall balconyfew minutes walkwonderful hotelcold meatsyogurtwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Do not stay here. This claims to be a four star hotel and I wouldn't ever stay in a hotel like this. It's an expensive hotel and definitely not worth paying even €20 per night let's alone €120. Firstly our room was revolting. There was no space whatsoever, there was a foul smell and the toilet and shower I cannot even begin to explain how disgusting it was, suffice to say I did not use it at all! The beds were hard and uncomfortable. I complained to reception about the bathroom who said there was nothing they could do. I explained I here for a wedding and cannot live in that room and they told me they have found me another b&b for €90! I explained I don't want to move as I am here for a wedding and all guests are staying here so was offered a €20 discount per night. Again useless to me as the room was disgusting. I was fed up and late for the events so I left the hotel. I had been in sorrento, positano and amalfi and had not been bitten once. Once reaching this hotel I had at least 20 bites which I assume may be bed bugs. Do not stay here!! I visited my friends hotel villa fraulo which looked much nicer!

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank macaroonlover2013
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have just returned from a 4 nights stay at the Hotel Graal.
Despite what some critics write we were very pleased with the hotel.The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble.They were courtious, friendly and very approachable..The hotel has its own car park, which at €11 per day may seem expensive, but on the street is €18 a day.The hotel staff will park and fetch your car for you too.
The breakfast was the usual fare, cereal, juice bread rolls, ham cheese, tea and coffee.Eggs are available on request.
The room was clean and certainly adequate with enough hanging space and drawers. There are no tea or coffee facilities, so we took our own travel kettle..A mini bar is also in the room. All rooms , so we are told, have sea views, and a small balcony. As for the view, it was unbelievable.The hotel pool is a welcome addition, although at weekend was rather full, presume they were all residents !.
Ravello centre is a 5 min walk away, with a good few restraunts and gift shops.
There is a bus service down to the coast for €2.2 or you can walk the 1200 steps down.
All in all we enjoyed our stay at Hotel Graal and think it is good value and would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This is a 2 Star hotel masquerading as a 4 Star, the bad drain smell in the corridors, lack of wifi service, morning breakfast, where 2 servers gossip between themselves & do not look after the clientele the whole place is tired and needs updating. If the staff was more engaged & helpful, you could overlook certain disappointments.
GENERALLY DISAPPOINTING

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank njlm
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel Graal located at Ravello on the Amalfi Coast is a pleasant place to stay. The hotel view is world class. Sitting outside by the swimming pool looking at that view was great (same view from the upper rooms). Ravello itself is a great option as it is MUCH quieter than Amalfi and more affordable than Positano. The hotel is a short walk to the city square.The SITA public bus and City Sightseeing bus (definitely go with this option rather than SITA) stopped only 100m from the hotel so very convenient for going "down the hill" to Amalfi. The breakfasts were simple and the hotel is a little older, but the location and view made up for that. I would recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank arborictraveller
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a fabulous hotel! We had a suite which was perfect. Small balcony and a view that couldn't be beaten, believe me! Value for money compared with others in the area is great. Good breakfast. Pool is an added bonus, although it was very cold! Staff more than helpful and car valet parking is provided for a small charge, but well worth it. Great location near the square and all I can say is go and stay, you will not be disappointed. We are returning next year!! Yes I have to agree it might need a bit of updating here and there, but with those views you are not going to be that bothered!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple