“Dated rooms, spectacular views”

Graal Hotel Ravello
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
“Dated rooms, spectacular views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My first impression of the room was this is not a four star, but if you overlook the dated decor it is a very nice option. It was very clean, good breakfasts, and the huge glass doors open to a nice sized private patio with the best view of the ocean and neighboring villages. The pool looked great but I didn't get to use it. It seemed expensive for what you got- but I guess that is the nature of accommodations on the coast. I'm surprised they even have rooms facing the street (as mentioned in other comments)...as far as I can see the view is the highlight.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jenican

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding and was put in a room with a horrible bathroom even though my friends who stayed in an equivalent room had better bathrooms. I asked to be moved to which I was told that it would not be possible. On top of this I was told that they don't normally rent out my room because of how bad the bathroom is. to which I replied then why did you rent it out to me and they said because they had nothing left. This was even though my friends booked this hotel months after me.

The room itself was average and very dusty. The bathroom was horrendous. It was worse then some bathrooms I've stayed in, in India. which is saying something! grime and dirt all over the floors. and the shower (there was no space for a bath as the bathroom was only 2m by 1m) leaked everywhere so it would flood.

even the cleaning was pretty poor. I've stayed in much better places for a lot less. shocking really when you consider they were charging €120 euros plus tax a night.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank satinder j
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a week, as my sister was getting married in Revello, there were 16 of us staying at the hotel and it was perfect, staff very friendly, any problems they would be more than helpful in sorting them out. The reception staff where very welcoming and helpful, rooms where clean and tidy good size in are family room.
I would recommend this hotel 100%. views where amazing the pool was clean food was nice, the cost of food and drink where reasonable. Will hopefully be going back there at some point.

Stayed August 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I wouldnt say this was 4*...3/3.5 maybe. This was the cheapest option offered to us for the wedding we went to for EUR 145 a night. Decent hotel, clean, good sized rooms, sea view as standard, our wifi was only in the lobby but im sure others had it in their rooms. Poor breakfast...we got there at the last minute and the staff were not friendly at all. Fine for a short stay. All the staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Do not stay here. This claims to be a four star hotel and I wouldn't ever stay in a hotel like this. It's an expensive hotel and definitely not worth paying even €20 per night let's alone €120. Firstly our room was revolting. There was no space whatsoever, there was a foul smell and the toilet and shower I cannot even begin to explain how disgusting it was, suffice to say I did not use it at all! The beds were hard and uncomfortable. I complained to reception about the bathroom who said there was nothing they could do. I explained I here for a wedding and cannot live in that room and they told me they have found me another b&b for €90! I explained I don't want to move as I am here for a wedding and all guests are staying here so was offered a €20 discount per night. Again useless to me as the room was disgusting. I was fed up and late for the events so I left the hotel. I had been in sorrento, positano and amalfi and had not been bitten once. Once reaching this hotel I had at least 20 bites which I assume may be bed bugs. Do not stay here!! I visited my friends hotel villa fraulo which looked much nicer!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank macaroonlover2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have just returned from a 4 nights stay at the Hotel Graal.
Despite what some critics write we were very pleased with the hotel.The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble.They were courtious, friendly and very approachable..The hotel has its own car park, which at €11 per day may seem expensive, but on the street is €18 a day.The hotel staff will park and fetch your car for you too.
The breakfast was the usual fare, cereal, juice bread rolls, ham cheese, tea and coffee.Eggs are available on request.
The room was clean and certainly adequate with enough hanging space and drawers. There are no tea or coffee facilities, so we took our own travel kettle..A mini bar is also in the room. All rooms , so we are told, have sea views, and a small balcony. As for the view, it was unbelievable.The hotel pool is a welcome addition, although at weekend was rather full, presume they were all residents !.
Ravello centre is a 5 min walk away, with a good few restraunts and gift shops.
There is a bus service down to the coast for €2.2 or you can walk the 1200 steps down.
All in all we enjoyed our stay at Hotel Graal and think it is good value and would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This is a 2 Star hotel masquerading as a 4 Star, the bad drain smell in the corridors, lack of wifi service, morning breakfast, where 2 servers gossip between themselves & do not look after the clientele the whole place is tired and needs updating. If the staff was more engaged & helpful, you could overlook certain disappointments.
GENERALLY DISAPPOINTING