“Good Value, Good Service, Good Food, Good Room = Hotel Graal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Graal Hotel Ravello

Graal Hotel Ravello
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Burlington Ontario
“Good Value, Good Service, Good Food, Good Room = Hotel Graal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2009

We stayed at Hotel Graal for six nights in Sept. 2009. The hotel is perched on a terraced mountain. This Hotel is family owned and run and the family is always there to aid and assist you where needed. We were greeted on check in by Mena.. the hotel Mgr. She did everything we asked of her and more. The hotel is fortunate to have such a person on their staff. The rooms were clean and functional. Our room had a balcony overlooking the Sea with the most spectacular view I've seen. Breakfast was included in our package and the restaurant (overlooking the Sea) had a wide selection of items that made for a great start to the day. The main restaurant was marvellous. Food was excellent and again, the Chef and staff were helpful and attentive to your wishes. The pool area was clean and I must say, the water was cool. Even for us Canadians! The front desk arranged Taxi pick ups to and from train stations and airports. Hotel Graal has a full range of ammenities and we can hardly wait to return again sometime soon. This whole area around Ravello is so picturesques.. Around every corner is a breath taking view and several towns/villages are within 20 kilometres from Ravello. The Bus ride is great although the roads are narrow with many hairpin turns. This area Amalfi Coast is semething you should see if planning a trip to Italy. Hotel Graal is a good home base to work from and in my opinion, the best value there.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

I personally looked at two rooms (standard vs upgraded). Trust me, the upgraded room is worth it. It's 10x better. The standard room is more like a old fashioned motel.

The location, upgraded room, pool and overall experience without breaking the bank was my objective - objective met!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kosan
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

Stayed two nights in early June with wife and adult daughter in a junior suite - large room with a comfortable queen bed and a twin day bed thing that was comfortable for sitting and my daughter said was excellent for sleeping. I would describe ithe hotel as "funky" rather than "tired." The photo from our 3 week italian trip that draws the most comments is one taken looking down the Grall's sinterior piral staircase - quite beautiful, intriguing design. Our daughter took a dozen photos of the chair in out room (I wouldn't have but she's an art history major). The shower had a waterfall feature that I loved and a multi-facet jet spray feature that none of us liked at all - both optional. The breakfast was excellent with a large choice of various meats, breads, cereals, yogurt, pastries etc with good service.
It was chilly with some rain and, perhaps because of that, the pool wasn't opened. The noise from the nearby construction was bothersome - noticed it when I dropped by for ten minutes one afternoon to grab my rain coat. One would not be able to take an afternoon nap in your room without earplugs. We wandered Ravello from before the construction started util after it ended when we were there and weren't bothered by it.
I thought the E351 per night with parking was a bit steep and I only booked it because Ravello was a last minute addition to itinerary. However, the view from the room's balcony was worth the price.
As noted in earlier reviews, driving on the coast or on the peninsula is insane and driving to Ravello over the mountains rather than up or (worse yet) down the coast is the way to go. Also, get the extra insurance coverage on your car rental as the liklihood of crunching a fender is high, I did ($50 extra saved $650 in damage repair.)
Don't miss the almost thousand-year-old mosaic of Johah and the whale on the pulpit in the church on the square. Weddings and honeymoons seem to be the backbone of Ravello's economy.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank OregonPerkins
Palm Be3ach Gardens, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

My husband and I just got back from 2 weeks in Italy. The first week we spent at the Graal Hotel in Ravello. The view from our private balcony was breathtaking. The pool also overlooked the bay. We decided to have dinner there and we were treated like royalty with extraordinary food, wine, table decor and service. We also had a chance to go to 2 concerts at the Ravello Festival. I will never never forget this place. I am alrfeady trying to figure out when we can return. Bella!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

I was in Ravello for a wedding in August of 2008. I reserved a room at the Graal on Jan 15, 2008 for Aug 7-10 because the main hotel for the wedding was full. Luckily Ravello is a small town and all the hotels are within a very short walk to the town square. On May 5, 2008 a room opened up at the Giordano (where the rest of the wedding was staying) so I rsvp'd that room and contacted the Graal to cancel my rsvp. They canceled it but charged me 30% of the total which was 270 Euros! I found this to be shameful as my cancellation was over 3 months notice!!! They claimed they would refund the 30% if they re-sold the room but to no surprise they claimed it was not re-sold when I stopped by when I was in Ravello. Strangely, my co-worker did the exact same thing as I did but for some reason they let him cancel with no charge but refused to refund me even after months of contention. Also, I found that other hotels in Ravello had very liberal cancellation policies (like most USA hotels). So overall, while the Graal had a spectacular view, I would not rsvp there unless you are 100% sure you will not make any changes to your itinerary.

It turns out their policy is as follows so you can see for yourself if it is reasonable.

- Up to march 31st or more cancellation notice- no charge

- April 01st –90 days cancellation notice – 30% charge

- 89 -30 days cancellation notice – 60% charge

- Under 30 nights cancellation notice – For any shortening in length of stay (late arrival and early departure) and no no-show will be required payment of total number of nights reserved..

• Stayed August 2008
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

I visited the Hotel Graal in Ravello for a wedding I was attending in May this year.

I can only say that the whole experience from start to finish was magical! There were a group of us staying at the Graal for the wedding and I know their thoughts and experiences were exactly the same as mine.

The views from the rooms were absolutely breathtaking, the staff were wonderful; warm, friendly, helpful and could not do enough for you.

Breakfast, which was included in the price, was excellent. The restaurant too was extrememly good with desserts to die for!

Ravello is an amazingly wonderful place, the Square is beautiful, relaxing, full of colour and just so lovely to sit with a glass of wine and watch the world go by.

I was surprised to read there had been complaints regarding the construction work nearby. This in no way whatsoever had any effect on my stay at all!

I and some of my friends are returning next May and if possible this September too.

My only regret is that i didn't stay longer!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

The Hotel Graal provided us and our wedding guests a truly wonderful stay.

The Hotel Graal turned our wedding day into our dream wedding. The planning of our wedding reception was simple and completely stress free. I cannot thank all the staff at the hotel enough. Ravello is truly the most beautiful place in the world, and The Graal hotel is the most gorgeous hotel with amazing views- the perfect hotel to have your wedding reception in.

We had our wedding toast at the hotel pool, it included the most delicious canapes and champagne coctails. We then had our reception at the hotels resturant 'Al Ristoro del Moro'. The cuisine was truly stunning and the service throughout our eight day stay was excellent.

The icing on the cake, was our wedding cake! Which was made in the hotel kitchen, it was truly a master piece, the most beautiful cake that I and my guests have ever seen. (Many of my guests are still talking about it!)

The front desk staff were superb. Every time we walked through the lobby we were greeted by name. They were always offering all my guests assistance in anything.

Our room was excellent in size, clean and fresh decor. All my guests had the most amazing views from their balconys.

We were totally overwhelmed by the beauty of our wedding and reception in Ravello and The Graal Hotel. We have many treasured memories and the most beautiful photos.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple