“Nice Hotel and Service!!”

Giordano Hotel Ravello
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed at the Giordano for the week of our Wedding. If you are looking for a modern contempory 5 star hotel then this is not for you. Sure I agree it could do with some work and attention but what Giordano offers is in my opinion is a quaint Italian style hotel. Every room is different but I think this adds to its character. It is a bit too pricey particularly the restaurant at Villa Maria (sister hotelnext door) however there is lots of other choice's of restaurants all 5-10 minutes away in Ravello. Bear in mind that some hotels in Ravello charge thousands for a night!! It just depends on what you are looking for.The pool is huge, very clean (we saw them test the water every day etc) and it has a breath taking view over the mountains. It is peaceful, quite and so relaxing. The fact that there is no bar in the evening was'nt an issue for us as we met up with our family and friends in the main square bars approx 5 min walk away, every night. The staff were friendly and very helpful. They Handled and transported my wedding dress to Villa Maria with such care as if their lives depended on it, Thank you so much for that !! I would stay at this hotel again, particularly for the location and pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Heleno45

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stayed there for a week in September 2011 for a family wedding. A friendly, quiet and relaxing hotel. Very disappointed with the size and quality of the double rooms we were given. Had to insist on changing room due to a bad smell in a room. The size of rooms vary greatly. The Hotel is a bit run down but has great swimming pool that is really clean and well maintained The staff are very friendly and helpful . Buffet breakfast was good. There is only a poolside bar and snack menu at poolside until mid afternoon. No hotel bar at night or evening restaurant. I consider the room rate very expensive for facilities also drinks and food at the pool were pricey.

We loved Ravello and enjoy our stay in the Giordano, all very relaxing but the cost of our stay was not in my opinion good value for money. There are lots of hotel and B&B. accomodation in Ravello to check out for better value

Room Tip: See the room before you accept it
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Don O
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Great Location, but rundown hotel.

We stayed at this hotel for several days and really loved the location (Ravello).

The hotel probably used to be very beautiful, but it is very run down and needs a loving hand. The service is very average, with the exemption of one staff (Roberta). It was especially a neglecting experience during breakfast, and at the pool bar.

The internet was free, which was great (so no longer 5 euro per hour as other people here have commented), but only available around the reception and the pool areas - not in the rooms. Also, I travel a lot and am used to getting an iron and an ironing board in my room. However at this hotel, they don't allow this for 'security reasons', which I found weird. However but they did offer a paid service in stead!.

Our rooms were spacious, and with nice terraces, which were unfortunately not kept at all, and surrounded by weed, and with a work site next door (see pictures). It certainly didn't look like the pictures on their website.

We got the feeling that the hotel is 'just there' rather than trying to create a positive experience and it certainly needs some work. For the price tag, I would recommend checking out some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The title says it all. I cannot understand how a hotel that gets its veg and fruit from a large alotment not 5 mins walk can charge such extortionate prices for food. 17 euros for a basic salad? 5 euros for a bottle of beer? WHY?!?!?!

• Stayed: July 2011
villamariaravello, Proprietario at Giordano Hotel Ravello, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

We are very sorry to receive this serious review and we do not agree with it because of the following simple reasons:

if the total bill was for £. 117,00 it is strange to complain only for the cost of the salad and the beer, and all the rest? It is not specified the number of the customers and not what else it was ordered. Anyway it is well known that organic food is more expensive than the standard production, in second hand in our menu the most expensive salad is priced Euro 12,00 and the 5,00 Euros for the beer is the average price that everybody can pay for a table service in every well known Restaurant/Bar in our Region (Amalfi Coast, Sorrento or Capri); third, our customers can never get a surprise with us because our menu and price list is very well displayed at the entrance of our bar and restaurant and at the moment of ordering it is always possible to have a last check upon the average final bill.

So, WHY this bad review?!?!?!

Reviewed 1 July 2011

I stayed in this beautiful hotel for 10 nights and loved every minute.

The reception are very helpful and all speak very good English.

The hotel is linked with two other sites in ravello within a few
minutes walk of each other and all are welcoming.

The swimming pool in ravello Is perfectly maintained with a pool bar and is a comfortable wayntinspend an afternoon, drink in hand with a stunning view!

The hotel is close to the main square and main shops - a three minute walk if that!

Two of the nights we ate at 'villa Maria' which is the restaurant of the associated hotel. Using organic produce from the local garden (that you can later visit), the meals were stunning with fresh seafood and lovely service.

The rooms are lovely and clean and made up everyday.

Also the breakfast is the neat we've had so far during our 8 weeks in Europe!

Highly recommend!!

:-)

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Whilst attending a wedding in Ravello I stayed here with a number of other guests.
The hotel I believe is overpriced, everyone in my party paid around 186 Euros a night, the difference between the rooms is huge.
Some guests rooms were double the size of ours, although we did have a balcony with a fantastic view of the pool and main square.

We had a few problems with the pool attendant who was just extremely rude. We were a large group of guest who were extremely well behaved, we actually spent very little time in the hotel and around the pool due to the bad weather.

The staff at breakfast are very helpful and pleasant. The manager had problem with guests bringing lunch into the hotel even though they did not provide this service.
The manager also had a problem with us having bottles by the pool, we were not told we were not allowed bottles by the pool and I find it hard to understand when the pool staff served the drinks in glass!
The manager would not come and talk to my party about the rules and hid in the office.

Other guests of the wedding stayed in a few different hotel and I must admit they were far better.
Ravello is a beautiful place but I would research other hotel off of the square before booking at the Hotel Giordano.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Htl_Giordano, Proprietario at Giordano Hotel Ravello, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2011

I am the owner of the Hotel Giordano in Ravello and even though against my will, I must explain how things actually went on the 14th June (described by Cluk’s profile).
The facts have been unfairly misreported and my collaborators offended and criticized, despite them always keeping a professional attitude.
Do the people in question retain, that since they pay for a hotel room they are entitled to subvert rules and regulations.
Go as they please in public areas and move furnishing (such as minibar) three floors down.
In fact, late at night, they moved the minibar (filled with beverages and alcoholic drinks) from the groom’ s room, three floors down, by the pool, leaving it downstairs, obviously empty!
The day after, the groom didn’ t remember anything and asked the reception, why there wasn’ t a minibar in his room.
They stacked the pool’ s sun loungers so they could group up, blocking the aisles and caused difficulties to the other guests, who then complained about our inefficiency.
The pool attendant invited them to behave numerous times and for this reason accused, by the tripadvisor of being rude.
They demanded to use glasses by the pool, obviously not permitted because of security reasons.
They also wanted to eat food brought from the exterior, which was not from the premises and eat by the pool, also not permitted by the rules.
After being told to clam down, they contested and denigrated our staff and hotel: rooms, etc which arehighly praised by all our guests.
We also received many complaints from the other guests, disturbed by their rows and noises day and night.
If I had know that they would have had the audacity to complain to the tripadvisor, I would have invited the other guests to defend our work, contesting the false incrimination reported to the tripadvisor.
The only thing I would like to ask to those guests (that reported false facts) is to be honest with other people and.. with themselves!
Vincenzo Palumbo

Reviewed 13 September 2010

We came to Ravello for a wedding and loved staying at this peaceful hotel. The room we had was big and clean and we loved our beautiful pool view. We only wish the front desk staff had been a bit more knowledgeable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple