“Deserves a Better Ranking”

Giordano Hotel Ravello
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Tifton, GA
“Deserves a Better Ranking”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

If this hotel is 14th of 20 in Ravello, all I can say is that there must be some mighty fine competition. We four ladies loved everything about the Giordano Hotel and considered it the nicest hotel we stayed in during a two-week trip to Italy. We thought the decor of the rooms so attractive - loved the colorful tile floors and cleanliness. The best surprise was the lovely terrace - with a standard twin room. The view from the balcony will remain one of my best memories of Italy. We did not use the pool area, but it looked beautiful. When the lady in reception learned we had to leave before the complimentary breakfast, she made sure that there would some things out early for us. I heartily recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank gafarmgirl623
ViPa A, Proprietario at Giordano Hotel Ravello, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Many thanks for your kind review! We are very happy the clients considered our hotel and services as the very top among the hotels they stayed at.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I first visited Ravello and stayed at the Giordano years ago with my girlfriend. I went back to Ravello several years later to get married - to aforementioned girlfriend - and had my wedding reception at Giordano's sister hotel - Villa Eva - followed by a post wedding brunch the day after at the Giordano. Last week my wife and I returned to Ravello once again - this time joined by our three year old son. I have never been anywhere so beautiful where the staff are so friendly / professional / and welcoming. We stayed in room 26 this time. It has a private terrace space that leads out to a larger communal terrace with breathtaking views down the valley of lemon groves. Breakfast is served by the side of the secluded and beautiful pool - surrounded by beautiful landscaping. The food is exquisite with fresh produce from the local area, (and the same goes for the wine).
We also enjoyed meals at the Giordano's other sister hotel in Ravello - Villa Maria, (which has even more dramatic views from its terrace). From Ravello it is easy to explore the whole of the Amalfi Coast. I would recommend the Giordano to everyone. I have loved visiting it as a relaxing and romantic break, and as part of our wedding venue, and most recently as a family holiday destination. I can't wait to go there again. It really is my favourite place.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Jas0nWarren
ViPa A, Proprietario at Giordano Hotel Ravello, responded to this review, 21 September 2014
We are very glad to find out you consider our hotel as your "favourite place".
Your nice description, your "warm comment" made us very happy and we really hope to meet you in many other occasions!
uk
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed a week for a wedding. We were in room 25 which was spacious & had a private terrace with furniture. I requested a terrace room as the Forum mentioned some rooms were small with a tiny outside area. The negatives for the hotel - no sea view, no tea/coffee making in room, noise from workman renovating areas & building new wing (check this out pre booking). On the plus side it is right next to the main square, has one of the best pools in Ravello & the staff are great. Ravello hotels are very expensive so Giordano is good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a terrace.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank motham
Auburn, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ravello is beautiful. This hotel is average for a 3 star place. We were a bit disappointed that the pool was not filled in May. I guess they only open it during the very warmest summer months. Staff was nice and helpful. Bathroom is fairly large but shower is so tiny that you can barely fit in it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scuba_Kim_8
ViPa A, Proprietario at Giordano Hotel Ravello, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
We are glad to reply to the feedback of our kind guests.
As we have already explained in a previous review, our Swimming pool was still not open due to the bad weather conditions that caused some delays for the opening.
It is not our habit to open the swimming pool during the warmest summer, since it is now open and … it will be open for the whole season.
As regards the size of the rooms and bathrooms, we inform you that our hotel, being an historical building prefigured a different layout for the rooms of different sizes, different position, etc and this is indeed the peculiarity and the charme of our hotel.
We are happy the clients appreciated the kindness of our staff and we really hope to meet them in the near future.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Fantastic location and that applies to the whole town. We were there for a wedding and there was a big group which made socialising very easy both in the hotel and in the town. We had a room overlooking the pool and were often entertained by a brass band somewhere to the north. Very nice. Breakfast by the pool was a treat and I could have lingered for hours.

Difficult to get to through the winding mountain road and I would suggest that a nervous driver should not take their own car.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank btsatkaroshi
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My sister and I stayed at Hotel Giordano for 4 nights in October. Lovely lobby staffed by very helpful front desk. Roberta speaks very good English and helped with car/driver, train tickets, etc. I can't say enough about her helpfulness. Our room was quite large, with furnishings that were perfectly adequate but not stylish or special. The hotel is in a good central location and quiet. A nice breakfast is included. And they arrange in-house massage which was so good we did it twice. However, the view from the rooms is of the mountains to the West. It's nice, but if I stay in Ravello again, I might check out prices on the other side of the town where a number of hotels face East and have a view of ocean, mountains, and Maiori. That's a pretty spectacular view. But I'm sure it comes at a price.

Room Tip: I think all rooms look West across the ravine to the next mountain.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer W
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A bit of a trek to get to The Giordano and nearly need a local guide. Our taxi left us at the car park, which is a10-15 walk from the hotel. You can organise a service to take your bags or drag them yourself. We were lucky that ours were collected for us. The trek is picturesque, through the beautiful alleys,passing shops and even a lemon cello factory.
Our greeting at the hotel was cordial but certainly not warm.
Our rooms were very comfortable (bed a little hard). Plenty of space a and a balcony overlooking the valley down to the sea. A superb view. Rooms were also very quiet.
We ate at the hotels restaurant and the food was delightful, as was the breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view over the valley are preferable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple